Value max / Unauthorized Charge

Value Max
I always check my debit card balances before going shopping. I had no money in my account. I thought that was strange because I just put money on the card to make sure I had it when I needed it. When I started looking I saw a charge from my card from value max. I have never bought anything from them before. After further investigation into this matter the only place that I purchased anything from was last month. I did the reverse phone number look up. I did not opt into this service. I asked them to return my money back to my card and it has yet to be returned. I am also reporting them to the BBB.

N  24th of Nov, 2009 by
I noticed a charge of $23.95 on my Visa statement this month for MEMBER VALUES 888-241-0049. I called that number because I did not know who they were. I got my so-called membership number but was unable to speak to anyone. Thanks to a posting giving their direct numeber, I was able to speak to them. Come to find out, they have been charging my card every month since February. I told them that I did not authorize that charge and they said they would refund my money to my credit card. I used Intelius in January. This is outrageous and I will be filing a formal complaint with the Texas Attoney General's Office.