Vacation Travel Club / They scammed us

October 07 my husband and I with another couple visited Branson. To get discounted show tickets we agreed to a vacation presentation with VTC, LLC. Their program does not work the way they said it would. They are more expensive, not cheaper and rude and unhelpful. Contacted them. No compromise or willingness to make the customer happy. Time frame did not allow a chance to review company and rescind contract, which I would have done after investigating VTC. Anyone else had this horrendous experience. Contact me at sharon.dale@comcast.net. Don't let this happen to you...thanks..

Va

Comments

• Ds
      12th of Dec, 2008

For All Vacation Travel Club Scams
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General in Michigan
    Also file complaints for the travel company that sold the membership.
    We need to stop these people & their companies.

• At
      14th of May, 2009

I have thrown my money out the window joining this club. I have continuously looked for "deals" on their website and compared to expedia, orbits, and a few others. My best deals have come from my local travel agency. Also, the financial institution they have you get the loan through is a joke of an operation. I have had nothing but a headache since we joined!

• Ro
      21st of May, 2009

Vacation Travel club may not sell the memberships, but if you look up court case rebecca and rex barton v. utopian travel and vacation travel incentives dba vacation travel club in oregon circuit court, county of Multnomah, (search Scot Ender- he's the owner of VTC)- you'll see that according to the court case VTC trains the sales companies in their deceptive practices. This would make sense if the plan is to keep VTC as a squeeky-clean compnay with that BBB rating while folding each of the sales organizations once the ill will builds up.

• Ro
      25th of Jun, 2009

I have since had a little more experience with Vacation Travel Club (VTC, the Michigan company behind Paradise travel), not all bad. They were able to book me a 2BR apartment at a rate that was indeed about 40% cheaper than a 2BR suite hotel room was for the same week in the city I am going to visit.

That’s the good news. They said in our presentation that they can save money on condos, cruises, and packages, not airfare or cars. That too is true- they don;t save you on airfare. They have a requirement that you send them a signed form for every air travel booking. Instead I booked the same flights on Orbtiz faster, and about $10 cheaper.

And they continue to be very poor with overall service- takes them forever to answer your e-mails. Waiting a week for them to get back is not uncommon, vs. booking something while you look at it on the web. So I’d have to say in my case (assuming the apartment is actually there when I visit!) they can do what they say they specialize in, but they are poor at service, and probably not worth what we paid for it.

17th of Dec, 2009

Vacation travel club membership was sold to us through Vacation Travel Store... A company based in... um.. oh, right, I have no idea where because the company did not tell us that they were in fact, not vacation travel club. We were given the standard three day period to cancel the agreement as required by law. However, we were repeatedly lied to about the quotes we were given to evaluate the worth of the "deal" during this time. The saving we assumed by comparing the rates we were quoted to the beautiful ocean front rooms were about 60% off. However, when we actually booked that room, turns out it was not the beautiful ocean front room, but rather a much smaller room looking out over the tennis court, and facing away from the ocean. Although we would still save about 20% on this room, such a change in "savings" is certainly not what was advertised, and makes the buy-in price a very large rip-off. All other quotes from the actual company were similar. Moreover, the vacation travel store (vts) refused (by way of delay) to process our application for direct access to the VTC website so we could directly evaluate their offers. This is simply false advertising and deceptive marketing. Anyone should stay away from either of these companies, and send in that cancellation form as quickly as possible if you have already purchased a membership.

• Vt
      7th of Mar, 2010

Vacation Travel Club does not sell Memberships nor do they have a company in Branson, MO. All sales are made and sold through individual Independent Distributors. All monies are paid to such Distributors, not VTC. All marketing gifts are the responsibility of Distributors and not purchased or fulfilled by Vacation Travel Club, but by the company printed on the Travel Certificate or gift. Vacation Travel Club only does the service after the sale.

Discounts vary from destination to destination. Members must call in to our office using the 800 number provided on their Membership Card.

18th of Jun, 2013

Legacy destinations
    Ft. Lauderdale Florida
    My husband and I attended a 90 minute sales presentation with Legacy Destinations in Naples Florida. Presentation was in a hotel, and the worst presentation we have ever seen. We were promised in writing 3 gifts, got one. Were told they ran out of gifts, and the $25 visa card and $25 dining cert would be sent to us in 2 days.

This was in June 2013. Got the runaround from Rob Crawford, owner and sales mgr. Roger Williams. Still no gifts. These folks are timeshare sales people and not a travel agency as they stated in their pitch. Their fee to join Legacy Destinations is $12k. Went back to the Fort Lauderdale Marriott hotel were presentation was, they are no longer there
    . Stay away!! Moved to Hilton hotel near airport