Vacation Network Inc / Rip off do not deliver what they sell!

United States Review updated:
4.45
I joined last year and paid half of the cost down and was paying the balance monthly. I got one vacation this year and have 29 more to go. Well I could not get them to book my next vacation for next year I followed all the rules and they will not call you back. I kept calling with no results. This company has been in business 8 years per their Director of Operations James Atkins. He recently sent out a letter saying they had been having complaints about their service and offered two options one was to receive one extra week vacation for every three you have left. The other options was to cancel my purchase agreement and receive 50% of my payments back. I took the refund this was on September the 23thrd 2007. I have not heard one word from the company other than a phone call from one of their Managers asking me not to cancel that they had been swamped with request and had purchased some condos in PC, Fl. and would give me a free week if I did not cancel. I said no! I wanted my money back they had not kept their promise and were not taking care of their good paying customers. They owe me $2800 and she said it would take 120 days to refund this money. This was not a good sign that it would be 120 days to get half my money back I paid the day I joined why can't they pay sooner? Well I hope they keep this promise so far they have been very poor business managers and may be ripping people off as I write this complaint.

Comments

Ka
  3rd of Dec, 2007
Totally agree! The exact same thing happen to me.
Ba
  8th of Mar, 2008
On September 17, 2007, I asked that my Vacation Network account be closed and half my money refunded. I have talked to Marsha in the corporate office several times, and she assured me that my money would be forthcoming--at the latest, by February. It is now March 8, and I have not heard from the company or received one cent. Can't the Better Business Bureau do something about this? How can a company get away with this without suffering some sort of legal repercussions? This has to be illegal.
La
  1st of Jul, 2008
I joined up with Vacation network last year and I have nothing but [positive experiences. Perhaps there were a couple bad employees or something that caused the problem, but I have followed all the rules and received exactly what was promised. I have had some amazing vacations, from taking my kids to disney, to going to Barbados with my husband for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I feel bad that apparently some of the people here did not get what they wnted, but I have gotton everything that was promised and more. In my opinion, they are one of the best things that could have happened to my family.
Ja
  16th of Jul, 2008
I'm there. I filed a complaint with the BBB and what a waist of time. All they did was forward it to some rep at the company and I got a response saying, "no we didn't" and never heard another word. I got the same letter back in September, but it only offered me 25% refund or an extra 10 vacations. What? 10 more times I can request a vacation and not get one? I passed on both and am planning on filing a law suit against them.
Ei
  30th of Jul, 2008
I was told VNI had vacation spots in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. This is the reason I entered into an agreement with VNI. Lee (saleman) showed me pictures of Boardwalk Plaza on Olive Avenue in Rehoboth on his laptop and stated this was one of their places. I am a Delaware native and knew this place very well. I had even had dinner there once. It was also stated they were associated with Atlantic Sands which is right across the street and I have seen this place being updated last year. I have contact both places and neither place ever heard of VNI. At least some of you have been able to talk to somone at VNI they have not returned any of my calls. I have met with the Attorney General's office and with a special investigator in that office and they have stated I have been defrauted and have a good case against VNI. They are actively pursuing VNI.
Un
  21st of Sep, 2008
I didn't like the sales mgr of this company in Atlanta. We came with an open mind, watched the video, heard the sales pitch, and briefly considered the opportunity. We had a question that our representative couldn't answer so the mgr was called in. He outlined another offer and wanted an immediate decision. We said we'd think about it and he immediately stood and proclaimed they "didn't have anything for us" and acted insulted that we decided against it. He told our rep to give us our gifts and check us out.

They had promised free air tickets and gas vouchers. The air tickets were grudgingly handed over but the gas vouchers were not. They acted like it angered them that you take the free gifts without buying something. Hey...offer me something FREE, I'm gonna take it. Don't get ticky when I pry it outta your deathgrip.

The sale mgr was curt and rude.
Ge
  2nd of Oct, 2008
hello guys..
i know this scam thing is scary and all. but why dont you just give it a shot? the vacation is free but ofcourse you have to pay for the taxes. this is the UNITED STATES after all. what they mean about the CATCH is that all you have to do to get the free trip, you have to finish a 90min presentation wherein you are not obliged to buy or sign up anything. ofcourse the free trip is a way of saying thank you in advance for you will be doing them the favor of telling your friends how great the vacation is.
this is business. if you are narrowminded, no wonder you dont know anything about business.
Ke
  5th of Nov, 2008
I WISH I WOULD HAVE GONE WITH MY INSTINCT. WE HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR A FEW YEARS AND EVERYTIME WE BOOK WE HAVE ISSUES, I HAVE PUT IN A REQUEST IN JUNE FOR A TRIP TO MAUI IN FEB, I AM STILL NOT BOOKED AND WAS TOLD I MAY NOT SINCE THESE WEEKS YOU PURCHASE ARE ON AN AVAILABILITY ONLY. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS TRYING TO GET BOOKED AND I AM READY TO CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY
  10th of Nov, 2008
We joined in sept 08 and were suppose to receive the travel voucher for airline tickets and a gas card. We have still not received anything thing from the company, not even a thank you for joining. I am wanting to submit our reservation request for our first vacation but am afraid to put anymore money up front for something that maybe a scam. Would like to hear from others that have had good or bad experiences.
Ni
  30th of Mar, 2009
Hello,

How can I get out of the Vacation Network Inc timeshare. They are frauds...I am making a monthly payments of $121. I want out of this contract ASAP. They are extremely unprofessional, they have not been able to meet any of my needs. Any information you have on the cancellation process will be very helpful.

thanks
Bo
  3rd of Apr, 2009
hi there, it appears that the same thing is happening to too many people, we got free???? airline tickets to join, all we had to do was paid the taxes and fees, however now that we paid the $100 for the taxes the agency tells us that this is not for free but a good discounted ticket, i will be going to VNI's office in Scottsdale Az today to see about this, the travel agency offer to give us the $100 back in 2 to 3 weeks. i agreed but i will go to VNI and complain if i have no satisfaction, i will ask for my money back, if they don't agree i will sue them, may have to give the money to the lawyers but at least i will give them the exposure they don't want.
Ga
  16th of Apr, 2009
WOW! It's amazing what you stumble across when you accidently put a website in your google search tool instead of the address bar. I saw my travel agency's name under this complaint board and thought I should read it. I am SHOCKED! I have been a member for over 5 years and we bought 30 vacations and have used (or gave away to our kids) most of them already. We have had a few difficult customer service moments, but all-in-all it has been a really positive experience. We have saved a beaucoup amount of money traveling this way! We are retired, so it is easy to give them a 90 day notice--we can travel anytime!! :) I hate that you guys have had such a hard time, but I assure you and anyone else out there it's not a scam and a lot of people enjoy their benefits! My husband and I are talking about buying another package when we are through with these!
Ga
  16th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Vacation Network is not a timeshare nor a scam! I have been traveling with them for over 5 years, I should know! Why would you sign a contract for something you don't want or can't afford? To the original complaint, I am sure they can work something out with you call the customer service number; they have been very helpful to me. But I would recommend that you just try them!
Ka
  29th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Contact your Attorney General for your state and file a complaint. This will get the ball rolling on getting your money back. Make sure you have in full detail how you have been wronged. I know plenty of people that have gotten this taken care of from the Attorney General!

Cheers!
Mj
  2nd of May, 2009
I attended the presentation (spiel) in Scottsdale and nothing about the numbers they were giving in it seemed right. I've booked travel internationally and domestically for years. I know what a smokin' deal looks like, and these guys overinflated the retail comparison prices (supposedly found on Orbitz) by a grand amount. Perhaps if you are booking next day travel during peak season you might pay the quoted comparison prices, but for anyone who knows how to use a few search engines and can plan a trip, the "savings" listed were simply ridiculous. The bottom line is this - you can get equally good values (and in my case I've found even better!!) if you are simply patient and shop around.

I am happy to learn, before jumping through all the hoops to get my supposedly "free" airline tickets for attending the presentation (send in the voucher with a specifically sized self addressed stamped envelope and be prepared to fork over $100 for "taxes") that they too are no more of a genuine deal than the "bargains" hawked at the sales pitch.

While I'd be hesitant to call this outfit a full blown scam, I am completely convinced that with just a little bit of effort, the bargain prices that are so heavily touted can be found at resort properties and destinations around the world. I know it because I've done it. Dozens and dozens of times. Save yourself thousands without joining any such club that costs an exhorbitant fee to join and maintain. Just be a little savvy and hunt down the bargains yourself.
Fr
  17th of May, 2009
i was invited before in vacation network we stay there for 60 min. i cant say anything bad from vacation network coz when we get there we treated us right no pressure selling they explain to us what the company can do to us in our future vacation how we can save for almost 70% we don't join but still get our free trip i used it last summer i go to Hawaii w/ my wife .. i guess all the bad rumors to vacation network is not true..
An
  18th of May, 2009
I worked for this company and can say to STAY AWAY. Regarding the airline tickets, they try to make it as hard as possible to use them in hopes that you get dicouraged and give up so thay don't have to pay out any money for u to use them. They used to tellus to go online and make up fake "Happy Customer" blogs to cover them selves. They change their phone number and the booking division names every three weeks to make it impossible for unhappy customers to contact them. Even the name of the "gentleman" that runs the appointmets diviosion has a fake name, as well as the letter they send signed by different people. When u call to inquire about the "free" airline tickets, that person is never available because THEY DON"T EXSIST! Stay away from this company! How do u spell PONZIE SCHEME????????
Bg
  14th of Jun, 2009
I have an apppointment today @ 2:45, but ater reading Angel1 who use to work there, well...now I am reconsidering going to this 60 minute presentation. I am suppose to get a call an hour before I leave. I will inform them of these complaints that I found via internet.

It certaintly sounded good, but I am glad that I took the time to research this Company, it opened up my eyes to the extend of trusting people and there sold called give aways for free. Its a struggle trying to make ends meet as it is these days.

Thank you to everyone that took their concerns and help to expoit this SCAM.

Have a blessed day!
Le
  21st of Jul, 2009
These guys are a joke. I just went yesterday 07/2009 and was appalled by how bogus these guys are. Don't go - save your gas and time and book these trips yourselves for much less money.
Ed
  2nd of Aug, 2009
Yes I was gullible and signed on to recieve Vacation Networks Inc. extra savings package. (Required to sign that day to receive bonus package) 7-21-2009
Researched their alledged savings when we returned home and discovered I could beat their great savings. Went to an attorney next day to veiw contract. Had a process server deliver notarized recission
letter ($65.00) and sent certified letter to their BOC next day. We also are disputing the charge on our card.
BEST PART...
8-1-2009 Our card we used with VNI was duplicated with high dollar charges on it. Only place card was used and not swiped by us at our very regular places. Contacting appropriate agencies Monday.
Looking forward to some identity theft.
Ed

Vacation Network Inc. Logo Vacation Network Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating