UTSAV / Very Disappinting promotion, products and service

United States Review updated:

VERY DISAPPOINTING PROMOTION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICE

I recently attended the UTSAV sari showcase that took place in London 30th Jan – 1st Feb. I was very excited about the event, as there were many items that I was interested in spending a huge amount of money on.
When I got an email informing me that they were unable to bring any of my requests as they were primarily showing this years collection, I was most upset, but felt that it would be worth a visit anyway.

I then received a email, stating cash only, which I found a bit suspicious, by this time, my heart was set on going, I should of trusted my better judgement

The venue was tiny, a box, there were items everywhere it was a mess. To try items on I was taken to the hotel toilet. Most of the items there I have previously seen in other catalogues, and I also noticed that the labels had been cut out of them.

The show promised jewellery, I saw about 5 over priced bangles, no handbags, just a box room full of fabric and people. It was awful

I found a Salwar Kameeze and I had come along way and felt like I did not want to leave with nothing. Cash was taken for it however a receipt for it was refused. To add finial insult to my London UTSAV sari experience the brown paper bag they gave to me to take it home in fell apart halfway home on the Northern Line.

I am most disappointed in UTSAV, cutting labels out of items which are clearly made by some one else, for having such a ridiculously small venue, and why cash? After I left I felt as if though I had been part of a criminal act.

It cannot be denied UTSAV do market some beautiful things, however, if they are from another company I do advise that you shop around and find these items at their source. UTSAV are quite clearly a very under hand company that have no regards for their customers needs, requirements or welfare.

The website is beautiful and there are some many fantastic photos you can loose days looking at them, however, this I fear is were the dream ends. For me at least

Jo

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2011
    UTSAV - POOR SERVICE
    UTSAV
    New York

I am very dissapointed with Utsav. I ordered a saree from the express section and they promised me that I would get the saree within five business days. It has been 3 weeks now and I'm still waiting for my saree. Now they are saying that they can't really say when they can deliver my saree. This is the last time I'm doing any business with Utsav.Think twice before you purchase anything from Utsav. Their serevice is very disappointing.!!!

13th of Jun, 2011

I also oredered with Utsav.They promised me that I will recive my order on time. I ordered 2 months ago for my sister wedding. Now they say that they are sorry but it will take 10 more days it means that I will never get my items on time for the wedding. I customized special sizes as I am pregnant so my items will be useless.I told them to refund my order. I was used to buy with Utsav but now that is too much I will not order again. I am 8 months pregnant I thanks to their lies I have to run 2 days before the wedding in the few indian shops we have in paris to buy something I could wear on my sister wedding. I am very disappointed and angry with their service.

13th of Jun, 2011

one more thing: they took a month to tell me that one of my item was no more available...imagine how slow they are dealing with orders...

• Mm
      1st of Apr, 2012

i made a terrible mistake of ordering from utsav. They sent me a totally different and cheap saree. I was so disappointed. I could not believe how badly I got cheated by them. Never buy from Utsav sarees. HORRIBLE customer service, they show something else on their website and send you something else faurd?????

3rd of Jul, 2013
    UTSAV - Misleading/lied
    Utsav
    916 Glen Eagles Dr.
    Edmond
    Oklahoma

OMG about Utshav!!! So, you all are saying like these... I believed in 100% and feeling sorry for you all as I am feeling sorry for myself. They are sucks, lier and mismanaged S.O. Bs. Their products are nice looking and that's why I have been shopping w/them for last 5-7 years, spent thousands of dollars for these misleading products of these idiots. However, the suffering I have gone thr. each time, if I write down, going to be an essay. Let me express just one incidence among 100s: ordered about $1000.00 dollars sarees and Panjabees for man and young grandson w/ lot of faith that they will do right if I explain. More than 20 emails I did and requested to maintain the modesty on these net sarees, place on extra lilene layer about 16" by 32" on the chest area. In between, they sent two sarees w/out these although they said 'mam, no problem on it to do. My request was not applied on these two sarees unfortunately. Again contacted them and reminded- bagged even for the remaining sarees to do so. Also, made calls to overseas in reffering these requests. And you know, their respond was such as (copy and paste from one of their emails among 100 emails & from about 50 reps in different name in each time)"
    their respond: We always check the items before shipping, but may be this item got skipped off by our quality control checking department. We have already forwarded your mail with the images to our senior management and hope this type of mistakes will not happen in future.
    As regards to your order UT519436 item SKK13096, we would like to request you to kindly keep it and as a token of compensation we are ready to credit you 10% of the item cost that is USD 8.05
    Please confirm whether you are comfortable with the offer."

I informed back that I am keeping these as it is anyhow. However, remaining orders need to be taken care and plz send ASAP, it's more than/close to two months already. If you can give $20.00 discount for these lacking on these two, it can be reasonable compensation against these demages. B/c I have to stitch lilene on those w/ my hand and at least each saree is going to take an hr. for me. Plus I have severe back problem, can't sit and stitch So $10.00*2= $ 20.00. I am so glad finally you guys understood what I meant." But these offer was refused/turned down deadly.
    In regards to the remaining sarees, they wanted me to send pics to make it clear where the lilene should be. So, to make it clear, I have sent pictures thr mobile phone and sent them, that didn't give a demn satisfactory result!!!
    Requested back again to send w/ the marking where I want to have the lilene; then I did again and their respond in that time "now we understood and it's going to be the way you wanted..." I was hoping and still trusting soooo much.
    finally guess what, after another 2-3 weeks and reminding repeatedly. Stupid sarees came but each one I was opening and very disappointing that any saree didn't get lilene!!! What a pain in the ###/ pain is way on the picked of limpnode of my ###. I am very educated woman and came from a noble family but dealing w/ cheaters-liers can disappoint you so bad, somehow need to take the anger out. Specially these Indians are making good products to do buisness globally but their business ethics are so wrong and don't apply customer rule and need to improve immediately, otherwise, maximum customers are suffering.

Some more, still didn't receive the refund and didn't receive the Panjabi for our grandson!!! Fortunately, their father PayPal is there and recovered few dollars from last time's transaction few months back.

Another incidence happend w/ this order, they told me, can't provide one saree b/ c of out of stock. So I was considerate minded, instead of asking refund bought two more sarees to adjust on adding two new more sarees, for that I have to met the difference of the cost as well. When I received the orders, that saree, the one was out of stock arrived plus w/out email/ discussing w/me the other two sarees sent, the new two I bought to replace. Sooooo strange! !!!

That's it w/ Utsav sarees. Can't take anymore pain upto my limp node.
    Still they are emailing me to buy sarees from them!!!