USPS / bad business practice

MA, United States Review updated:

Have problems with the N Quincy usps on hancock?
I bought a $120.00 item on ebay and the mail carrier left it on my doorstep. I live above a laundromat and it got stolen. They could have left a note and had us pick it up but they were to lazy to bring the item back for us to pick it up at the station. They are ###ed. Use any other delivery service but the usps because they dont care about your stuff. especially the north quincy, ma branch. They are the worst!

Comments

• Ci
      7th of Apr, 2010

Wow! I know you are from a different state than I am, but although there have been occasional problems with USPS over the years, I have been fortunate enough not to have really crappy stuff happen! I run an eBay business and have been doing this since early 2001. About 4 years ago we moved to a very rural area in the western NC mountains. If I have to go to the post office, I end up driving over 22 miles of very winding mountainous terrain. I began doing all my postage through the Paypal Site. I have had very good results with this method of shipping. In 9 years I have had no lost packages, etc. Until I read this email complaint, I had no idea as to the problems other people have had. It is at least a good thing to be 'aware of'. My local post office is really a great team and I have nothing but praise concerning them. They do many pick-ups from me when my packages are too large for the mailbox. Plus, they are also willing to help me out at times on other related issues.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have the problems you do with the USPS where you live. USPS has been my choice of shipping methods for many years now. I do sometimes use UPS on items I have sold as my method of shipping, although as a general rule I prefer USPS over all others and have saved a lot of money over the years by utilizing USPS instead of UPS.

At least in my area...I really praise our USPS workers for their very fine job!

Regards,