Usps - Indianapolis, In / Delay in tax refund!

We have lived at this address for 26 years. In 2006, our 2005 tax W2s were sent back to our employers. This caused an extended delay in our tax refund and subsequent plans for vacation. In addition, I confirmed with several other companies that our mail, although properly addressed was being returned. I complained repeatedly both to this web site and the post office directly and I was assured that the problem was fixed.

As of this complaint I have confirmed with several family members that 2006 Christmas cards sent to our address had been returned with yellow stickers indicating an occupant was not at our address. Also, we have confirmed that several credit card statements and business correspondence has been returned as “Not deliverable” and we are now getting phone calls from creditors. Some of those include Washington Mutual, Chase, Double Day Book Club, and several magazines to name a few. We are now scrambling to contact as many as we can to correct the now late payments and other complaints.

This is infuriating that we have to send in multiple complaints about this same problem. We have had the same mail box since the post office installed them for many years. This is a totally unacceptable situation. We are tired of repeated phone calls to the unresponsive and rude managers at our post office. In addition we have sent in DETAILED accounts of our continued problems with mail being returned. In one response we were told this was a simple database error and everything was fixed. This month (January 2007) we have discovered that our mail is being returned AGAIN. It is like they are trying to wipe us out of existence. We feel we will likely have to pay for some legal council to get this corrected. This is all quite infuriating to say the least. It is only getting worse.

A  17th of Aug, 2007 by
Attention present and past University of Maryland students, graduate students and College Park residents. I encourage anyone who has had a College Park address since 2001 to check their credit report. I’ve read about the mail delivery problems in your neighborhood. I encourage you to contact your congressman and to check your credit report. 8/16/07-4:30pm. Received call from USPS. College Park Postmaster Danny Bell is stepping down. New postmaster to be installed 8/27/07.Hopefully this is the end of 7 years off poor mail service and a beginning of a new era for College Park!!

During past 3 years the College Park Md Post Office has caused 1000+'s pieces of 1st class mail, DMV notices, end of year financial statements, Jury Duty Summonses, credit cards and "Final Notice" certified mail notices, mail from university departments that were mailed to University of Maryland students and student organizations at addresses other than mine in College Park, Md that were either forwarded to my winter home in Florida or delivered to my home of 50 years on Norwich Road in College Park, Md 20740. Discussions between me and employees at College Park Md Post Office addressing their delivery practices was akin to listening to Bud Abbott and Lou Costello go through a rendering of "Who’s On First."

View http://www.dennisabe.com to see one of the credit cards that were sent to me in Venice, Florida that was meant for a College Park resident.
Find Postmaster General’s direct email and fax number at http://www.postalreform.us

Good luck,