Usnavysealstore.com / Charging me for their mistake

I ordered online from the US Navy Seal Store in December. I checked their website for details on shipping, and they ship to Canada via USPS. Based on that, I gave the info for mail delivery (without the additional info needed for courier delivery). After being told the order would arrive for Christmas (it didn't, not by a long shot), I received an email in January stating that FedEx had attempted delivery but that since I hadn't given a buzz code for the building, the merchandise had been returned, and I would have to pay for shipping again should I still want the products. On top of that, there would be a 15% 'restocking' fee if I decided to cancel my order.
What followed next was a comedy of errors. I left phone messages that weren't returned (I was later told the company was having some sort of problem with their phone system) and sent emails that weren't replied to. When I finally managed to get in touch with someone, and explained the situation, I was told that they would be happy to cancel the order, minus the restocking fee, of course. I explained - repeatedly - that the buzz code was absent because *their* website stated that it would be sent by mail, and buzz codes aren't needed by mail carriers. After a number of frustrating emails and lengthy waits (after being told the issue would be sorted out 'tomorrow' repeatedly), they actually went to their website, changed the wording to read "USPS or FedEx", and then sent an email stating that since the website had the correct information (now), it was obviously my fault. I asked for a supervisor's number repeatedly and had the request ignored. I must say, I'm beginning to wonder if they actually carry merchandise, or simply make money off of the 15% restocking fee! Regardless, customer service is not a highlight, and I have never experienced someone working so hard to make a customer pay for the business' mistake. There are a lot of great internet businesses out there - I'm going to support them instead.

Comments

• Je
      26th of Apr, 2013

We have read your comment and appreciate the feedback. There have been numerous changes to our site that address the shipping problem you unfortunately encountered. Shipping methods are now clearly stated at checkout and you select the specific method you wish to use from that list. We are very diligent in returning phone calls and emails for every customer who leaves a message, we apologize if there was not a phone call back as stated, however, we do appreciate every customer and try our very best to address all issues that are brought up. - Jennifer – USNavySEALstore.com

• Rk
      18th of Feb, 2014

Yeah I've tried to get ahold of these so called business owners now for the last 2 weeks with regard to my order and nothing no emails No calls! WTF !!! No one picks up, no one calls back! I paid my money and still have no merchandise there is no shipping info it just says UPS no tracking numbers nothing!! I've sent like 5 emails (diligent my ###) no one writes back. Maybe they hope that we cancel the ordered so that they can make money on the restock, hell maybe it's the plan from the get go to scam money from people solely on restock fees. Great business. This is a BS business. Not one email that's crazy in this media filled world, I'll bet they update their FB status on point . It's all crap. Nothing's changed my order was placed 2/6/2014 it's now the 18th nothing!! Wtf!