Usave Car Rental / Blaming customer for employee mistakes

1 3255 McCoy RdOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-888-3063

I rented a car in April 2008 for an 11 day vacation. On day 2 the break fluid light came on. When I called the company they graciously swapped it out for a van and I was off on my way. In June I received a toll violation for running a toll in the car I had traded in. My best guess is it was the employee taking it for repairs that committed the crime. When the swapped out the car they did not update my rental agreement to show the van. They refused to help me even though I knew the name of the employee that swapped out the car and the employee that checked in the van. The owner Jeff even went so far as to say to me on the phone "too bad, unless I had a picture of the van license plate he was not going to do anything”. So I guess the customer is responsible for paperwork errors and toll violations made by their employees. I would not recommend that anyone rent from them.

Me

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2016
    Usave Car Rental - Buyer Beware
    USAVE Car Rental in Lakeland
    Lakeland airport
    Lakeland
    Florida

We recently rented a car from Lakeland Florida for the March Break. During our holiday, our airline (Direct Air) went out of business and we needed to make alternate plans to get home. Anyone who has ever travelled during March Break knows how difficult it is to get a flight. Due to the circumstances, flights were going like hotcakes. We needed to act fast. Being unable to speak with anyone in Lakeland, due to the high demand of calls, I checked to see if Fort Lauderdale had a U-Save. There was one so I figured we would have to pay a penalty, but under the circumstances I didn't see much of a choice, so we grabbed the flights. When we finally got through to Lakeland the following day, we were told the penalty for dropping it off in Fort Lauderdale, rather than Lakeland would be $1000.00! The website had stated that "we are in this together" and they were offering " great customer service". I beg to differ! Rather than pay the $1000.00 we opted to drive 3 1/2 hrs to return it and then rent a car from HERTZ, who was VERY ACCOMODATING and drive another 3 1/2 hrs back to Fort Lauderdale. Save yourself the hassles and rent from a reputable company with pleasant and compassionate customer service.