USAA (United Services Automobile Association) / mortgage loans

Swansboro, NC, United States Review updated:

My name isTosha Mascroft and we were pre approved for a mortgage loan 4-5 weeks ago through USAA. Once we had the pre approval we were in contact with a Realtor, looked at several homes, and made an offer that was accepted. We were then in contact by a Loan Officer named Tiffany Greene and she told us that all documentation that was needed could be uploaded through USAA online. Within a few days, everything was uploaded. Then, Anthony Wallace, our Loan Processor was in contact with us concerning the process ahead. He stated that he noticed no red flags and said that the loan would soon be going into the 1st review. He stated that if anything else was needed, we would be allowed to submit it then. Now, just a little background on my husband and I. He is still currently active duty till Aug 31, 2017 and then he'll be retired from the Marine Corps after 21 years of service. I graduated from college in 2005 and earned a degree in Cardiovascular Sonography. I have been in that career for over 12 years. It's a growing line of work and I have never had problems finding a job everywhere my husband was stationed. My husband is currently stationed at Camp Lejuene and I have been employed with my current employer 1 year and 7 months. I make well and my husband and I both have great credit scores. Now, getting back to the loan process. Today May 10, 2017, I received a call from Tiffany Greene. She stated that she had a few more questions. She stated that she noticed the home we are planning to buy is over 5 hours away. She asked if I was planning on making the 5 hour commute to work everyday once we move. I said no. I will be getting a job around the area where we will be buying the home. I told her that I had an offer already and she asked if I had accepted it. Since the start date on the new job offer isn't till July, I did not see a rush in accepting it. Nor was the company offering the position giving me a deadline. She said that Fannie Mac requires that you have an accepted job offer. I told her, if need be, I could go ahead and accept the job. She stated that she needed a few more documents from us and by the time my husband went to upload them, our complete offer and process status was erased. Yes guys, just like that. They were done with us, just like that. Tiffany Greene could of cared less about our family on the other side of her computer. She, nor USAA, had no more to say to us. After all of that. No concern about helping us through these mortgage loan hiccups. I read reviews about USAA guys. I did not want to believe that those hundreds of bad reviews concerning strictly their mortgage loans were accurate. But they are guys. You spend so much time with USAA, providing what they need and then they throw you out like garbage. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have concerning this review.

To
May 10, 2017

Comments

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2017

I have been a member of usaa since I was a young airman in 1996. I retired from the air force in 2015 and intentionally took a year off and was then hired on as a legal administrative specialist with the department of veteran affairs.in addition to my new job, I have other income that contribute to my daily living and annual income. finally, I have excellent credit. despite my steady income, proof of longevity in previous employment, new steady and federal employment, and excellent credit, I was informed by usaa that they were unable to complete the mortgage refinancing loan despite the fact that they had preapproved me two and weeks previously. the reason given by the very chipper loan processor for denial was that I had not held my new federal position with the department of veteran affairs for two years or more. a fact that I had let them know from the onset and not told it would be an issue. one of usaa commercials states "you served your country now it is our time for us to serve you"... usaa mortgage policy does not support veterans. what retiree or individual separating from the us military is going to have two years worth of time in a new employment position? none, as we are all starting over! what usaa is indeed conveying is that they are there for military members as long as they are on active duty but the moment we need their support after our time in service, we the soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines can only count on usaa to check out! usaa should reevaluate who their customer really is. I am so disgusted by the way all of this was handled I am contemplating removing most of my affiliation with this company and plan on continuing to express my extreme disappointment in usaa's mortgage process and procedures. piss poor usaa! respect and loyalty are earned from your consumer.in the past there was no one like you...in the present you are a dime a dozen.

• Lt
      24th of Jul, 2017

I already moved 75% of my stuff to another financial institution. All I need now is my auto/homeowners insurance, close a small checking that I left and a credit card. I blocked my credit card.