USAA / car insurance ripoff!
I got out of my car to get something out of the back, and left the driver's side open. The car next to me had occupants, which I knew. Then, the wind blew my door into the other guy's car. There's no dent--just a paint scrape. USAA says this is the same as having an at fault accident on the freeway, and wants to raise my rates probably a few thousand dollars a year (since we have five cars insured with them). The entire damage probably barely comes to my $500 deductible. I offered to just pay the guy's damages myself, but USAA says no. (Why miss a bogus opportunity to squeeze a policyholder?).
We've had USAA for 10+ years, and they've made a lot of $$ off of us. Just last year they wouldn't let us change my husband's life insurance from 20 yr term to 30 yr term just because he was deployed. (How silly is that--no matter what, they're on the hook for the next 20 yrs, no matter how many deployments he's got left).
After reading about USAA locking out people's bank accounts, I think we'll be closing our accounts and moving them to Bank of America. We've been really pleased with their service.
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - Online access to all accounts
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - Service Representatives and timely resolution of USAA responsible insurance claim
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - banking
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car insurance
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - loan customer service