USAA Federal Savings / poor banking support

AL, United States

USAA, like many companies operating in the online banking industry, endevour to promote their product outside of online methods by offering the convenience of remote services through third-party vendor arrangements, where no brick-and-mortar facilities exist. I rarely have a need to use these options, but recently I had nothing but disappointment for each of the three times I attempted to utilize these advertised conveniences.
First, they show locations for personally completing banking transactions at local, participating UPS stores. on two occasions, I found that the listed facility didn't do such services. On a third try, I located an actual participating store (after calling USAA and confirming the location and method of execution). When I got to the store 20 minutes after my call to USAA, I found they did indeed have the capability to do my transaction but, during the course of trying to log it in to USAA, the system had been down, The UPS representative spent 25 minutes talking to a USAA "IT" agent, but to no avail, I ended up having to mail the transaction to San Antonio after all.
It chaps me to be bombarding with national advertising, promoting the benefits of banking with USAA, only to have many of those claims fail in reality.

Tu