USAA / usaa: poor customer service, just another big bank.
Usaa: poor customer service, just another big bank.
I was a member of usaa for 7 years. I had a car loan, credit card, and checking account with them. I also had all my bills set on auto-payment through my usaa accounts.in june I lost my job. I immediately called usaa to notify them of my situation and loss of income in an effort to head off any financial problems. They deferred my car loan for 2 months, and were not really interested in my job loss.
Over the next 3 months, my accounts became past due and usaa began to call me and harass me wanting their money. Telling me “you took the money, so now you have to pay it!!” I repeatedly called and tried to negotiate and work out an arrangement. Usaa wasn’t interested. They did not care that I had no income, they just wanted their money.
I finally found work, but my income was 25% of what it once was. Again, I contacted usaa and tried to work out a payment plan or to refinance my debts at a lower payment. And again they were not interested. Instead they transferred me around the corporation and twice to collection departments that said “you owe us, give us our money” at this point I was not even 60 days past due!!!
It seems to me that usaa would rather use their collections agents, repo a vehicle, destroy my credit, and receive zero dollars than refinance an existing loan that would make them more money!!! Their collections people were not interested in helping at all. They yelled at me, tried to intimidate me, and were rather impolite. Usaa was very unprofessional and has proven to be just another big bank. They could care less about its investors, members, and their financial situations. Not only would I caution everyone I meet to avoid them at all costs, but should I go back on active duty, I vow that no usaa representative will ever set foot on my post nor speak with my troops. Soldiers, servants of our great nation, their families, and people deserve better than usaa!!!
Former usaa member
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - usaa military affiliate visa & master credit cards
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - claims, customer service, electronic deposits, all equals time wasted
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - "secured" credit card cancellation
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car loan
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - mortgage