USAA / fraudulent advertising

This is the 3rd and last time I will risk my life and health as a so-called "insured" motorist with the promised, advertised and paid-for med pay allowance of $100, 000 that USAA never intends to pay. All 3 times, I was not at fault for any of the accident injuries I sustained. In every case, I was rear-ended by others who broke the law by not assuring clear distance, and in one case I was even sitting at a dead stop at a red light. In every case, USAA auto insurance does nothing to defend or support its own insured customers, and instead, will sue them or go against them in court if necessary to avoid paying the promised and paid-for med pay or any amount of it that the injured person needs to pay their medical bills that result from getting in an accident, even when it is through no fault of their own. USAA HIRES MEDICAL DOCTORS AND LAWYERS TO WORK AGAINST THEIR OWN INSURED CUSTOMERS TO MAKE SURE THEY WILL NOT PAY MEDICAL BILLS WHEN THEY ARE INJURED, EVEN WHEN IT IS THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR and EVEN WHEN THEY ARE REARENDED IN ACCIDENT SITUATIONS THAT ARE CLEARLY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ANOTHER DRIVER! In today's PROFIT DRIVEN CORPORATE WORLD, the consumer of USAA AUTO INSURANCE CLEARLY HAS NO RIGHTS. You can fight in legal battles until you are old, but the bottom line is, if you get in an accident, you will end up having to pay nearly all of the medical bills (WHICH ARE ASTRONOMICAL SINCE THE HOSPITALS CHARGE MORE FOR ACCIDENT RELATED MEDICAL EXPENSES) yourself if you have USAA as your auto insurance. Therefore, USAA's advertising that their customers "can enjoy the ride as they are covered" is clearly a case of false advertising...Unfortunately, one's regular medical insurance, if one is lucky enough to have it, will also refuse to pay for any accident related injury medical claims. Therefore, consumerS ARE paying for almost nothing, getting ripped off royally in terms of insurance premiums, and then losing their shirts whenever they are unlucky enough to be in an auto accident. Why do they get away with this? Because the big corporations have all the power, not the people.

Comments

• Fo
      24th of Mar, 2010

Why dont you make a DOI complaint if you are so upset. If they did something illegal you will win.

• Rb
      31st of Dec, 2013

I have USAA Auto insurance. When I had my accident in June 2011 I broke my knee cap. They covered all of my medical bills. I live in Colorado and in this state you have to turn down medical payments in writing or it is included in your insurance. Did you have medical coverage? I was not at fault in my accident and if I hadn't had medical coverage, I would have been covered by the at fault driver's insurance. Why didn't you make a claim against the other driver's insurance company or sue them for your medical expenses?