US Post Office / ultra-poor counter service

1 Margate, FL, United States Review updated:

I would direct this straight to the USPS.com site if I could, but they have no mechanism for doing so. Idiots. The post office here in Margate, FL has slots for 5 people to assist with mailing, stamps, retrieving packages, et. al. On Saturday, February 21, they had 2 people working and 30 people in line. Today they have 20 people in line and ONE person working! WTF? I waited for 30 minutes and moved 2 steps up on Saturday before leaving to go live my life. Today I waited an hour. Does the Post Office make their customer service extra crappy in advance of postal rate increases? Is that their plan?

Comments

• Se
      20th of Apr, 2009

I totally agree. I live in Wilmington, Delaware and some idiot that works for the post office decided that it was fiscally responsible to remove all the self-service machines to buy stamps, mail small packages, etc. And this in light of their very crappy customer service. Today, April 20, I got in line with two people ahead of me and two people being waited on by two postal service counter workers. Once one of the workers finished helping a customer, he got up from his seat as one of the other customers ahead of me approached the counter. We thought he went to get something for someone, but that guy was gone for 20 minutes!!!. The other worker called for a supervisor, but I overheard her say that the supervisor never comes. Well the supervisor did come out and asked if she had been called. When the worker told her that yes she had called and told the supervisor that the other worker had just left the counter unattended. About 10 minutes later another postal worker came out and when it was finally my turn to be helped, I told her that we only get 15 minutes to park while I had been waiting in line for over 30 minutes. Do you know what she did? She just shrugged her shoulders!!! Unbelievable!!!