US Passport Office / US Passport office sucks, but we solved the problem!

Our applications for renewal were sent in early March. My son's and mine got here, but my daughter's was denied because of a small headband in the photo - almost 2 months after sending it in. We called the number several times over a period of 3 weeks and got totally stonewalled. No answers, no phone number to find out, can't talk to anyone else, oh well sucks to be you attitude.<br />
<br />
After looking into canceling the trip (not an option - internet deal), it was suggested that we call our US Representative's office. Great idea!!! My wife called Richard Neal's office (he's not even the right one, LOL) and they were super-helpful. I called John Olver's office, same thing. Somehow they had the number to call, and called for us. Both offices called us back to say the passport would be expedited at no extra charge. That night we got a call from the US Passport office in So. Carolina to make sure they had the right address and to promise us prompt delivery. 2 days later we have a passport! <br />
<br />
Moral of the story is your passport customer service people couldn't care less whether or not you have to throw away a few thousand and cancel an important trip. But your US Representative can help, and will. Thank you, Richard Neal and John Over's offices. Pleasant people, and we got results.

Pa

Comments

• Jc
      12th of Jul, 2011

The passport process is totally broken. The website info is out of date. The customer service is pathetic. It's a completely dysfunctional system/organization. It's actually shocking how bad the service reps are - and that there is seemingly no incentive for them to actually HELP anyone. The entire process has left me speechless, and to date, without a passport.

• Je
      26th of Mar, 2012

I agree with you completely the Passport Agency SUCKS.

I applied for my application Early February (Feb. 6th) And they didn't even get started on it till the 13th. Then about a week later they said my Photo ID was invalid. So I sent the letter back with a better photo. Then about March 15th they now say my personal documents are not qualified. I heard by the website you need just your Birth Certificate and Photo Identification in order to receive a passport. Also bear in mind my travel date is the 31st of March. It's the last week and they said you can send it on a different service for about 60.00, however you cant upgrade a card if it's already in the system. They didnt state that on the website so that site is completely useless, and the email notification is even worse. I constantly get bombarded with useless and pointless emails statements on the government issues and their "Oh we are sorry it's not finished yet, we are working our best to get it to you in time." BLECH. Now I have to travel all the way to Chicago and grab my card in hand. I have thrown in about 300 dollars into the government from all their failures and over looks. 50 for the Card, 12.95 x2 for the Overnight shipping, 60 for the upgrade, and 45 for the different session so I get it in time when I go up. I swear I'm going to get back at the government for screwing me so hard and dragging me around.