US Passport Agency / us passport agency has the worse service!!!

I applied for two passports for my kids in March/07. It is now July 07 and I am flying in 7 days to Ecuador. Why does the Government makes this rules and policies that it will arrive in 10-12 weeks if its taking them so long to processed. They need to stop funding the War and start paying people to work to get this job done. I am really frustrated that I paid $ 3,000 on a trip with my family. This will be the only vacation we will be taking for years to come as a family. Why do they have ruin my trip!!! If I don't get my passport in time, i will take any necessary legal actions to sue the US Government. This is not fair!

Comments

• Ke
      30th of Jul, 2015

My 16 year old son went on a mission trip with our church on July 4th. We applied for his passport on May 12th. Meaning we would have the passport by June 23rd. When we did not have it by then we started checking online. The online passport update did not work any of the times for the 2 weeks we tried. We called the 1st time in the beginning of June when they told us that we had nothing to worry about and that our passport will be on time (4-6 weeks). When it didn't come we called again and they just told us they didn't know what the hold up was and that we should call back tomorrow. Which turned into us calling everyday and being on hold for 30-40 minutes and getting no information. At this point my son had fund raiser for this $1500 trip (we don't have $1, 500) and we already had the tickets so we were going to have to pay back each person who contributed to his trip. When I called again on June 30th, 3 mailing days before his trip the passport still wasn't sent. They said that I would have to pay another $74 to be sure we get it so they can expedite it and send it over night. we did everything we should have in order to have it sent on time and it feels like it was being held with no explanation and we were forced to pay what we should have had to in order not to be out $1500. This is extortion. How can they get away with this??!!