US Passport Agency / web site is a joke! terrible service!

I became victim like so many people due to underestimation of government regarding passport applications. They new what is going to happened ones when they decide to ask for passport for travel to Canada or Mexico via airplane which they dropped last week due to mess they created. Now here I am with bunch of American Citizens with loss of about $2000.00 due to cancellation and trip I made to Passport Agency in Los Angeles with no help at all. My story is alike many others: calling passport agency every day for about month and after waiting for long, long time to talk to live person I got costumer representative that gives me no information’s at all. That is very sad that they hired people with no knowledge of their job descriptions. Since I did not know what to do I asked them for advice. Every one of them gave me different one so I figure very quickly that there are no rules, they don't know either. Their web site is a joke I followed every single step from that web site and still no passport. Just bunch of lies. I hope someone can help us to get our money and emotional loss back, or at least stop this mess so no more people get trough this.

Comments

• Ke
      30th of Jul, 2015

My 16 year old son went on a mission trip with our church on July 4th. We applied for his passport on May 12th. Meaning we would have the passport by June 23rd. When we did not have it by then we started checking online. The online passport update did not work any of the times for the 2 weeks we tried. We called the 1st time in the beginning of June when they told us that we had nothing to worry about and that our passport will be on time (4-6 weeks). When it didn't come we called again and they just told us they didn't know what the hold up was and that we should call back tomorrow. Which turned into us calling everyday and being on hold for 30-40 minutes and getting no information. At this point my son had fund raiser for this $1500 trip (we don't have $1, 500) and we already had the tickets so we were going to have to pay back each person who contributed to his trip. When I called again on June 30th, 3 mailing days before his trip the passport still wasn't sent. They said that I would have to pay another $74 to be sure we get it so they can expedite it and send it over night. we did everything we should have in order to have it sent on time and it feels like it was being held with no explanation and we were forced to pay what we should have had to in order not to be out $1500. this is extortion. How can they get away with this!