US Cellular / rip-off

1 9500 n. 129th east aveOwasso, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 918-274-9916

This company is trying to collect 922.95 dollars from me after I had informed them I was moving to Az. and their services weren't available there. I had completed all but 2 months of my 2 year contract with them and gave the store in Owasso, Ok. my forwarding address in Az. and informed them I would pay the service in full until my contract was up, then asked them to discontinue my service at that time.They told me that was fine and apologized that they couldn't serve me there in Az.I was never contacted by them again. They instead sent a collection letter to my in-laws home address in Owasso, Ok saying I owed them this un-godly amount of money and on top of that they reported it to my credit. I have called them and all they can say is that they have already turned it over for collections and it is out of their hands. They did however tell me that they showed a note on my acct. that I had contacted them and it was probably overlooked. I am appalled at this company, they have basically told me 'Too Bad' it is out of their hands now and my credit is now damaged because of them.I have no where to turn now and no hope of clearing it up without just paying all this money for their mistake.Help me please!

Ha

Comments

• Us
      19th of Nov, 2008
    US Cellular - Fraudulent activity
    US Cellular
    uscellular.com

PLEASE GO TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, US CELLULAR IS FAMOUS FOR THEIR SCAMS.

• 3s
      23rd of May, 2009

my wife had something not to simular but degrating and unlawfull happen . my wife had a contract that she broke so she had a bill that was 97.00, since she broke the cotract she was liable for the 150.00 fee times 2 which was added to be 397.00, ok no prob. i said lets pay it .than to find out if u have a contract that u break it goes to collection, and than u cant pay us cell, u have to go through the ### through the collections, ok no prob thats there procedure. well collections call my wife and want money, she has no money at the time in her account to give the collections department so i say here use my debt card. the man was rel polite and said since ur paying 100.00 today im ganna not charge u the fee of 97.00 of our collection fee. real cool thanks very much have a nice day ...o no they call a month later and say., hey you owe 394.00 my wife says how is that u waved ur fee 4 collections . well to top this off they said they had authorization to use the husbands debit card for a transaction of the remaining balance which the husband gave no autorization for. the problem was resolved, but im just giving advise dont trust using any form of transaction over the phone. but than again they dont except payments either .thats what we were told. RE DONT USE DEBT CRD FOR COLLECTION DEPARTMENT FO US CELL GET THE WORD OUT.

• Us
      26th of Dec, 2009

Please call the attorney general on us cellular. This company is a know scam and this is how you can get you money back