The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

US Airways Group / Never fly Us Airways if your life depend on it

1 United States
Contact information:

NEVER FLY US AIRWAYS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. We were on a flight from San Diego to Cancun, Mexico and flew 5 hours with no meals. US Airways was out of food. On our return, Sunday April 26th, flight number 316, departure time 4:07 p.m. Cancun, Mexico to Phoenix, AZ with a connecting flight to San Diego final arrival time 9:40 p.m. Sunday, April 26th we boarded the plane and waited 2 hours on the plane. They finally drove steps up to the plane and had everyone get off. There was something wrong with the fuel pipe. We all sat in the airport for 4 more hours to learn that the airplane wouldn't be fixed. Everyone went back through customs and baggage. They then opened 2 lines up for the entire flight to get new flights and meal vouchers. We were then bussed to a hotel and were told that we should get up at 4:00 a.m. for a 8:00 a.m. flight to go back to the airport. By now, its 11:00 p.m. Sunday night. Everyone gets up at 4:00 a.m. to a welcoming sign in the lobby saying that they would now come get us at 10:00 a.m. for a 2:00 o'clock flight. Everyone waited around for 6 more hours for the buss to come. The bus came at 10:00 a.m. and we were supposed to leave at 2. All the passengers waited all day until 5:00 p.m. at the Mexico airport. There were no representatives from US Airways to tell anybody anything. We also learned that US Airways wouldn't fly another plane to pick us up but they were going to fly a mechanic from North Carolina to try and fix it. They also were going to ship the part. This occurred during the outbreak of the Swine Flu. We were literally held hostage in the Mexico airport. Finally, we boarded the plane and sat on the plane for 45 minutes and left at 5:45 p.m. We then arrived in Phoenix and ran as fast as we could to the connecting flight only to learn that we missed it by 3 minutes. US Airways wouldn't hold the flight for 5 minutes, but they held over 150 passengers over 30 hours in the Cancun airport. US Airways then had us on another bus to another hotel in Phoenix. There wasn't one person from US Airways that offered to help, knew anything or offered any sign of hope. We finally arrived in San Diego at 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday, April 28th 40 hours and 45 minutes after we boarded our first flight. Hopefully none of my family contracted the Swine Flu while being held hostage by US Airways.


Post your comment