University Alliance / Service

United States, Florida
University Alliance
For a service that is used to help recruit, enroll, process loans, and other facets of an online college service, I'd have to say that that the only way that you will get good customer service, is to be pushy and not a pushover. Not only that, but do a lot of reading and do not expect any handholding. Remember, you're an adult. They are helpful if you have any questions, but just be prepared to deal with several different areas if you need all your questions answered.

Remember this is a business, and once you realize that the enrollment departments are not educators, but working for a business and have little knowledge about courses or financial aid. Their main priority is to help their company get the money.

I enrolled in FIT on my own accord and thankfully did not have to deal with any recruiters. However, my Enrollment advisor was not at all knowledgeable in the processes of anything else than sending out an order form trying to get you to enroll in their classes, (which they choose for you the first term). When I asked him questions about books, payment, etc. He was at a complete loss. I had to contact other departments in order to receive any support with my questions.

The Enrollment coordinatorI dealt with (this is the person you deal with AFTER the enrollment Advisor, was a bit more helpful, maybe this position is a bit higher on the totem pole. My only concern was the poor grammar that was used in my Email responses.

The main thing to remember is that you will need to do a lot of research and reading on their websites. This is the same information that they will give you when you call them. They do not seem to have any insight to anything else. I would hope that in the future they would invest more into their staff and really give potential studentes a real "Human touch" like they claim.