Universal Vacation Club / Misrepresentation

1 Mexico Review updated:

I paid over &15, 000.00 cash for a timeshare w/UVC at Villa Del Palmar. I was never told that the maintanence fee would go up &90-100.00 per year. I am now getting priced out of the membership. In 2005 I paid 555.00 per year and the sales person Jill THOMPSON, told me it "almost never goes up", because I specifically asked about this. All the contract said was that the maintanence fee can ONLY go up with a vote from the Board of Directors. She made it sound like it was almost impossible to have the fee go up. This makes the timeshare NOT worth the money. I can rent a place less than that...What is going on? Are we being frauded? At this rate I will have to give the membership back eventually. I am going to contact an attorney to see if there is any recourse.

Da

Comments

• Pe
      8th of Apr, 2009

We have the same problem with our timeshare from UVC. They are charging us $720 in maintenance fees! We wanted to cancel our membership, but they never informed us of the 5 day cancellation period so we missed our opportunity. :(

• Da
      8th of Apr, 2009

Yes. That is our problem. I also paid it off and now I'm told if I don't pay my maintanence fee of 850.00 per year they can turn it over to a collections agancy. I would love to sue UVC for the fraudulent information given us at signing. We were also told you can sell back your timeshare to them. LIE..These people arre unreal. ANY ATTORNEY'S OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR A PERCENTAGE? Good Luck to all...

David Kenner - 916.743.4833

• De
      7th of Dec, 2009

Dear Member, we recognize your concern with regards to the issue of Maintenance Cost and want to be sure your concerns are addressed. The Villa Group does its best to ensure that our Properties maintain the highest quality each time you visit the property. Any increase in Maintenance Cost is directly used to improve the property and all future properties. In fact, Villa Del Palmar in Dowtown PV and Cabo San Lucas have recently seen drastic facelifts, which you will be able to enjoy on your next visit. If you would like to review any details regarding these improvements you can find them in recent issues of the UVC Newsletter at MYUVC.COM.

7th of Dec, 2009

Timeshares are a waste of money for 95% of the people out there. Majority of timeshares are crooks and I feel ashamed for falling for their marketing gimmicks. I spent too much money and did not visit the timeshare. I hope as many people will see this as possible.

12th of Dec, 2009

Apparently and in my opinion, there is fraud nearly at every turn with this company. From the attempt to pump us full of alcohol during the tour to the outlandish promises that are made during the tour and sales process scream "caviat emptor"! Buyer beware, you are about to be scammed out of your pants. After you have completed your transactions with UVC and the Villa Group, expect several phone calls. They will promise you the world stating when you give up your friends and family, they as well as you will reap the rewards and be entered into drawings that cannot be tracked. Fraud, Fraud, Fraud! In my opinion, the single most fraudulent claim that still makes my blood boil with this company is the claim that they will be more than happy to help you resale your albatross when you finally come to your senses and realize you now being flat out scammed. You will receive a return email stating the following:
    Thank you for contacting ResortCom International.

Your resort does not have a resale program in place at this time. You are more than welcome to rent your week to a friend or family member, sell you contract privately, or work with a resale agent or company in order to transfer your membership into the name of another individual.

Best regards,

Member Services
    ResortCom International

• Ts
      3rd of Jan, 2010

yes, we have had problems with them re: raising the maintanence fee - we have a studio that sleep 4, our fee started out $300.00 and has went up to $649.00, it is not worth us, to keep this. I was thinking about doing a quick claim deed!

• De
      11th of Jan, 2010

Dear Chosen 1, it is difficult for us to handle any issue related to the Villa Group if we cannot identify you as a member. We encourage you to contact the Developer's Rep in Puerto Vallarta to discuss your claims individually. You can contact the Developer's Rep directly at 619-683-2338 (US Number) so that we may address your issues.

Regards,

Developer's Rep
    Villa Group

• Je
      21st of Mar, 2010

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content. It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC. If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to jeffsuomi1@msn.com. Jeff Robbins.