United States Postal Service / Awful experience

United States Postal Service
A package I mailed with usps the previous week was returned by the LA processing center with an ink stamp on it that stated, 'found loose in the mail at los angeles BMC.' It was a 30-pound music center with a wood casing and was packed in the original factory box with sturdy foam packaging inside. It was crushed. Something extremely heavy would have been required to crush this thing. Obvious carelessness and stupidity by usps employees.

But I'm shocked that they simply return it to me in another box (that they found and taped up around the original), dump it on my porch and offer no note of explanation or number to call for regress - nothing. It hadn't even left the city before it was crushed. They clearly don't give a ### what I think about it, either.

I didn't buy insurance because I was told repeatedly that usps rarely honors claims and because the product was packed so well that I didn't think it necessary. I'll no longer be stupid enough to use the usps for any package again. usps is a criminal enterprise that is allowed to destroy the goods they handle, without recompense or liability, and taxpayers pay for it. I'm out $125 and someone isn't getting the Christmas present they wanted.

A  22nd of Aug, 2014 by
At least you received it. I send a box to my son in the military in perfect condition in Feb. They told me the box was never received in Miami, then it was damaged then it was in Jacksonville, then someone at the facility cut the top of the box off and sent it to my son. The box was over 70 pounds and it was a box I purchased from the post office. They told me that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do. This was my sons mementos and jewellery making items, some things are priceless to him. He 's serving our country and can't even get his mail. I am disgusted by this.

USPS / United States Postal Service Logo USPS / United States Postal Service