United States Postal Service / awful experience
A package I mailed with usps the previous week was returned by the LA processing center with an ink stamp on it that stated, 'found loose in the mail at los angeles BMC.' It was a 30-pound music center with a wood casing and was packed in the original factory box with sturdy foam packaging inside. It was crushed. Something extremely heavy would have been required to crush this thing. Obvious carelessness and stupidity by usps employees.
But I'm shocked that they simply return it to me in another box (that they found and taped up around the original), dump it on my porch and offer no note of explanation or number to call for regress - nothing. It hadn't even left the city before it was crushed. They clearly don't give a ### what I think about it, either.
I didn't buy insurance because I was told repeatedly that usps rarely honors claims and because the product was packed so well that I didn't think it necessary. I'll no longer be stupid enough to use the usps for any package again. usps is a criminal enterprise that is allowed to destroy the goods they handle, without recompense or liability, and taxpayers pay for it. I'm out $125 and someone isn't getting the Christmas present they wanted.
More United States Postal Service Complaints & Reviews
- United States Postal Service - not getting my mail 
- US Post Office - den of thieves within the post office 
- United States Post Office - mail delivery 
- USPS - mailman refuses to deliver to * 
- USPS - a joke of a tracking system! 
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - not receiving my parcel packages
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - missing priority mail package
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - order lost or missing, not received
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - residential community parcel box lock broken
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - poor delivery service