United Healthcare / claims appeal

Boston, MA, United States Review updated:
4.1
United Healthcare's website is out dated. The list of physicians is not at all updated. The patient ends up calling each phone number listed in the website only to find that "THE NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE"

And after hours if not days of trying you eventually find a doctor and get the treatment. Then comes the worst part. They reject the cliams and have you pay the entire amount. They have tons of reasons to reject your claim. Completely disorganized.

NEVER EVER GET ANY OF UNITED HEALTHCARE INSURANCE PLANS AGAIN!
Na

Comments

Li
  23rd of Feb, 2009
united health care customer service dept is in india. I work for a billing company and when I call to follow up on outstanding bills I reach Alice, Kate or Rocky in India. This is a disgrace and this is what is wrong with our country. In the United States unemploloyment is at its highest. The people of the US are what keep the insurance companies in business paying high insurance preiums and they farm the jobs to other countries so the CEO's can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars. When will the people of this country do something. Write to congress, write to the president, make a stand.
Br

UnitedHealthcare - Emergency Coverage Denied
UnitedHealthcare
Lees Summit
Missouri

UnitedHealthcare has denied for a third time my daughter's emergency, life-saving surgery that was necessary while we were out of town. We were also out of network, but the surgery was necessary to save her life. We took her to the nearest hospital. UHC denies the multiple charges, saying we don't have coverage when out of network, except for emergencies. We had the surgeon write them a letter explaining the emergency nature (which is blatantly obvious from all the medical records). The expenses are catastrophic and life changing, and yet, we have heard today, it was denied AGAIN. The hospital is threatening to send us to collections. We will lose everything: savings, house, etc. We have caught UnitedHealthcare in a variety of lies and deceptive business practices. The plan is administered under ERISA, which means we have no power whatsoever (unlike normal insurance policies, which are governed by state law.)

United Healthcare has essentially ruined our lives. Thank goodness at least I have my daughter to hold; and she is alive. I know the pain of losing a child already.
Sh
  6th of Nov, 2017
@agardner Call your employers, it is ultimately their fiduciary responsibility to pay the claim. It only takes one call from them and UHC will jump to it. In an emergency situation, you may have what they call a gap exception, meaning you had no choice on the facility or provider as you were more than 50 miles from your home. Ask them to process the claim using your gap exception. Don't call them while you are upset, calmly ask for their assistance and use the verbiage provided (gap exception) and ask them to make sure that the claim is paid immediately. It is the fiduciary responsibility of the payor to process the claims in the best interest of the patient. If you lose your home that would not be int he best interest of the patient. if you should need additional information please google fiduciary responsibilities of the United Healthcare insurance
Je
  8th of Apr, 2013

United Health Care Of Mo - Office visit charge on procedure in office

I have met my yearly deductable for medical coverage and I went into the doctors office to have some of the packing from the procedure removed. The Doctors office didn't charge for a visit because they view the procedure as part of the surjury. The Insurance company requires I pay for a doctors visit since the procedure was done in his office. This seems to be an abuse of the of insurance company. They should be required for paying for the whole procedure once my deductable has been met.
  23rd of Aug, 2013

UnitedHealthcare - Very Bad Company
UnitedHealthCare
Newville
Pennsylvania

I signed up with UnitedHealthCare in June, 2013 and to this date, which is August 23rd, I still do not have a medicare card from them. I have called, called and called them. Finally, I just wen to another company for my medicare. Now I'm being told that I need a letter from UnitedHealthCare stating that I want to be disenrolled in their plan. They refuse to send one! Now I am at a loss. Please do not sign up with this horrible company!!!

United Healthcare Logo United Healthcare