United Healthcare — denial of coverage
I have a serious problem with my healthcare coverage. I do not think we are being handled properly. We discussed the matter with the healthcare insurance company’s 1-800 center today but accomplished nothing. My company switched to United Healthcare in April of this year.
My wife, has been experiencing severe pains in her shoulder. In April I paid ~ $ 600 (my out of pocket) for an MRI... as a result of the MRI, our physician says she needs surgery to fix the problem. My wife was scheduled to have surgery on June 17th. Today, my wife’s surgeon called and said that United Healthcare has denied our coverage. United claims the problem is a “pre-existing” condition and they will not authorize surgery for over a year.
Does this mean my wife has to go eleven more months of pain and discomfort ? for a condition that needs correcting... that is absurd?
More United Healthcare Complaints & Reviews
- UMR - incompetence
- United Healthcare - claims appeal
- United Healthcare - denied claims
- ICICI Lombard / United Health Care - they will not renew your overseas medical policy if u have claim / if u went to hospital
- United Health Care / Fsa Provider - will not reimburse fsa funds
- United HealthCare Services - Insurance drug coverage
- United Health Care / Oregon - dental coverage
- United HealthCare Services - coverage ms infusion
- United Health Care Ins - failure to pay
- United Health Care Of Arizona - not covering amount of prescribed medications