United Auto Credit Corporation / Unprofessional / unethical lending

1 Plymouth, NC, United States Review updated:

I had a 2 year loan with them on my 2004 Chevy Avalanche and 15 months into (with no late payments and consistently paying a bit extra) I lost my job and fell behind...I tried to make a payment arrnagement to coincide with my unemployment payments and was treated as though I was the worse ### of the earth. I asked if I could make my regular monthly payment on the due date and then make an online payment each week when I received my check to catch up the 2 months I fell behind. I was informed that they NEVER accept a partial payment under any circumstances and I needed to pay the full amount at once or they would take the vehicle. I should also mention that the reason I fell behind in the first place was because I had to put in a new altenator and brake pads...I told the James (the rep I was speaking with) that I would need to get in touch with my parents to see if they could help out but would need a few days as they were away and also live 1000 miles away from me. He said that would be fine and he would call me back the next day to see where I was at-he never did and I called and left a message for him that I would be able to pay the back amount but needed about a week for the check to clear and asked that I be called back to confirm, which was not done. 2 days later they came and took the truck. I have learned my lesson to ALWAYS do some research on a company prior to signing the papers as this ended up costing me my new job as well because I ended up with no way to get to work 60 miles away. From what some of my peers have told me, they received better service from buy-here pay here lots than wth this company.
All I have to say is "buyer beware" this company is as bad, perhaps even worse, than the predatory mortgage lenders of several years ago,

Comments

• Ta
      27th of Dec, 2012

i gots me a lone from them as well and thase took my car
    my babies daddy had to go back in jail and he left me ownly $20 for rent
    my babies is been hungray and my section 8 check is use on rent
    my food stamp monie i use on beer and smoke for my news boyfrend
    he a good dady to my babies

• Ke
      22nd of Jul, 2014

United Auto credit gave all of our personal information out to people from our past that had tried to kidnap our children that had restraint orders on. They gave them our home address and phone numbers. This is illegal to do even in collections. Our car was only 30 days past due and no one had ever contacted us. We had not moved or changed any information. IT PUT MY CHIDLREN AND CREDIT AT RISK.

• Fr
      22nd of Jul, 2014

30 days past due. They are supposed to wait how long before trying to find you to repo the car?