Umpqua Bank / terrible service
Large megabank, umpqua, refuses to issue a bank atm only, NON Visa type debit card. Call to their customer no service people did get their suggestion to set a limit on the visa transaction to say $1 or so, to limit risk. I strongly object to the bank not giving me the consumer a choice here. According to many sources, the visa debit card present an increased risk for fraud, since they do not use a pin number. The banks charge merchants more for their fees and therefore push these on the consumer. So far the suggestions have not been implemented and I have to follow up on this to be sure my account is as safe as I have been led to believe.
I think this sucks. There is an industry trend here to push these visa debit cards, yet some banks still offer the non-visa type cards. Careful reading of their fine print will reveal that the provions to combat fraud do not protect the consumer as effectively as they would have you believe.
More Umpqua Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Umpqua Bank - breach of contract
- Umpqua Bank - card services/fraud investigation
- Umpqua Bank - check clearance - foreign exchange
- Umpqua Bank - personal checking account
- Umpqua Bank - customer service/manager at moscow, idaho branch 
- Umpqua Bank - personal account
- Umpqua Bank - paperless activity
- Umpqua Bank - telephone service