Ultra Shield Wood warranty / Refuse to repair

1 PA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I, we bought a dinnette and hutch set worth more than $2, 500.00. I called Ultra Shield's office to log surface water damage on the dining table and a crack on the side of the leaf, to extend the table. The facade of the glass hutch has oak panels which is part of the hutch decor and it is warped. We paid a 5-year warranty for this dinette set and they refused to repair.

The surface of the dinning table has rough patches on it although I did condition the set every now and then. We bought this set from Roomful Express and since Roomful Express is using Ultra Shield Wood - we won't be going back to Roomful Express or any other furniture companies, who uses Ultra Shield. Never again, will we buy any other warranties from any furniture stores.

Bl

Comments

• Ru
      9th of Sep, 2011

This poster is correct, i bought a warranty four years ago and I realized right away something was up. So over past four years i called in 3 diffrent times using 3 diffrent strategies and every single time they told with 3 minutes, either im sorry we dont cover that or we dont cover this etc.

They claim they only cover accidental, and on single areas ie if u have two scratches or cracks the warranty wont cover and if u call in and say I dont know what caused the damage they will right away deny dut to "unknown damages" thus warranty is a scam and they have all proper wording in the "uncovered area" that makes the warranty completely, worthless. BEWARE WOOD SHIELD<, ULTRA SHIELD FABRIC PROTECTOR IS A SCAM