Ulta / company theft

My best friend got married in March, and all 7 bridesmaids went to Ulta for pre-wedding makeup and hair so we'd know what to do the day of the wedding. We were charged $65 for hair/makeup. We asked the MANAGER of the salon if she knew someone to do our hair/makeup the day of the wedding AT the venue.

She stated that she and a co-worker would do our hair makeup for the $65 each.

They arrived at 9am for a noon wedding. They did the mother of the groom and bride first. When they got up to pay, the manager of the salon said, "that will be $95 each". We were SHOCKED. When they asked why the price increase, they stated, "it's our parogative".

Needless to say, us bridesmaids only had $65 each on us, so we said, no thanks and rushed to do each other's hair and makeup. They charged the bride $145!!

On Monday, the mom of the groom called the local Ulta and asked WHY the price increase. The district manager said--NO ONE FROM ULTA IS ALLOWED TO WORK OUTSIDE THE SALON!!

WE'D BEEN HAD!!

So the district manager starts doing some research and discovered these two con-artist had 17 brides who came into the salon --and never came back the day of their wedding. Because these two went to the venues and OVERCHARGED them!!

Then again, there's no telling how many brides they shafted !!

I understand, these two no longer work for Ulta. But BEWARE!!

Only have your hair/makeup done in the salon--if they offer to go to the venue, ALERT MANAGEMENT!!

Comments

• Sh
      11th of Jul, 2009

I have been seeing an Ulta Salon hairstylist for three years and this complaint holds little truth. I happen to know, since my wedding day hair and makeup was done in house, that the prices of the services would equal approximately $95 dollars whether done there or not. It specifies on the menu that makeup is $30 and updos range between $60 and $65. I find it hard to believe that the styists would agree to both services for $65. You were charged appropriately for the service, according to the menu. Maybe you should have looked at it first.

• Ha
      7th of Jul, 2010

Anytime anyone comes to your house to do your hair, that comes under the heading of "Freelance work". The salon has nothing to do worth it. You clarrify the cost behorehand, because it WILL more than going into the salon. The stylist has to lug all the equipment there and back, do hair in a setting that is usually cramped and and not really made to do hair, and, they are saving you time and aggravation by coming to you so that's one less thing for you to worry about. Most freelancers double the salon rate.
    so make sure you have everything clear before you make your aggreement.
    And by clear, i mean talk to the person who'll be doing your hair, not some go between.

• Us
      28th of Jan, 2016

Freelance is less idi0t because they cut out the company taking their cut, what a [censored] you are.

1st of Sep, 2017

@USA#1 That was RUDE and completely un-called for in my opinion. Also I am a stylist of 18 years and do a ton of out of salon "freelance" work and normally yes, my prices are cheaper BUT when it comes to a wedding???? Never double but def quite a bit more in price. In the range of 50-60% more honestly. I don't know too may stylists that wouldn't do the same.