Uhaul Repwest Insurance

Posted:

claim is not resolved no status provided

2.5
rep west insurance
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
I submitted a claim on 5 / 27 / 11 and they have not tried to resolve the claim, i had stored 10 set of mattresses at uhaul at whitehall store on the room 1330 and the roof had a leak and all the mattresses got wet and damaged and there is a meg willauer supposely working on the claim but is not returning my phone calls i spoke with the manager dave horn and he stated on 6 / 8 / 11 that he will check on the claim and return my phone call and today is 6 / 13 and he did not return my phone call yet. As per the uhaul store in whitehall they have no idea of nothing and they supposely can't do anything for me. The manager on 5 / 27 stated he was going to move the mattresses for the storage unit to keep them dry until the investigation is done but did not do what the promised.
Complaint comments Comments (33) Complaint country United States Complaint category Equipment Leasing & Financing

Comments

N  19th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes

Uhaul A1 Way - Rude staff and horrible attitude towards customers
Uhaul A1 Way

I contacted the company Uhaul A1 Way and was really upset, because they staff was so rude with me. I have no idea why. They spoke with me in rude manner and asked to provide money only in cash, after that they refused to return it. I don’t know I really want money back and forget that I ever have any deals with these ###. Maybe someone has any ideas how to return money back, please contact me then or leave a comment. Thanks.
N  21st of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I first want to offer you my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced at our U-Haul location. Please allow me the opportunity to research your concerns further in order to provide a proper response. I will need to know the address of the U-Haul location involved, the name of the lessee listed on the rental agreement and the date of your rental. Also provide your contract number if available. You can send the information to me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com. I will contact the responsible office to address your concerns and offer a resolution. It is only through communication with our customers that we realize what programs are working and what areas need attention. We value your feedback. Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon.
A  16th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I am having the same issues ! My car was parked a U-haul truck hit it tore up the whole front end and drivers side. The person stopped gave me their information we made a police report and called the 1-800 number on the spot! The Repwest claims agent did not want to send out an adjuster ! She said it would cost them to much money !!! She is know saying that she can not locate the driver !! What kind of insurance company is this ??? Now I am waiting for her to investigate !! Whatever !! So angry !!
A  23rd of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Rep West Insurance is a complete scam... I had a Tow Dolly and the fender guard rail of the tow dolly made contact with my vehicle... Causing Damage... I reported the claim... had terrible customer service... I had to do all the work jumping threw hoops getting estimates, taking photos, etc. The damage wasn't event that much to repair... I had one estimate as low as $219... I was first told that the damage was too extensive to have happened while my vehicle was being towed and my claim was denied (Basically calling me a lyer) ... and that I should expect a letter in the mail... So when the letter came the reason was different than what was told to me in the email they sent... The letter said that they did not have to pay the claim b/c they are not responsible for improper packing or shifting of items... as if my vehicle was a card board box in the back of a moving truck or something... The uhaul website says safetow... Covers damage to your towed motor vehicle and cargo while being towed with any U-Haul equipment. That apparently is a lie. This company tried to think of every reason possible to not pay a claim... regardless of how much the claim is they will try to weasel out of it anyway possible... SUCH A SCAM!
N  11th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Rep West is definitely a rip off. I had a large storage unit for 4 years in NY. I took this lame, 3rd party insurance that I initially thought was a division of Uhaul. When I had incurred over 5k in damages and submitted a claim to RepWest, for over a 6 week period they went back and forth requesting information, photos and documentation. I submitted everything they asked for. In the end I got a letter from them that the rejected my claim. DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO NOT COVER YOU SHOULD YOU NEED IT, BUT THEY WILL GLADLY TAKE YOUR MONEY EVERY MONTH.
A  29th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
RepWest is a fraud. My truck was hit by a U-Haul truck in an empty parking lot at my complex on June 28, 2014. Neither my lawyer nor myself can contact any of these idiots. Always voicemail with no return call. In the process of suing the people who rented the truck. Not something I want to do but my truck needs replaced. U-Haul is of no help neither. Will tell anyone moving do not use U-Haul!U-Haul and RepWest work together to rip off people that are due money. Will take legal action against both RepWest and U-Haul!
A  1st of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Five months ago my truck was totaled by a U-haul they have been ducking and dodging me and my attorney ...What a bunch of clowns all I can say is my state has laws for this type of thing they will slap them with triple damages which they are responsible for paying an additional 8% interest per month on the total settlement ..

Here's a good source of information http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/index.html
N  9th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I feel just like the others that posted on this website, pertaining to Rep West Insurance Company's intentional avoidance to resolve issues and Claims against their client Uhaul of America. I had rented a Car Hauler, on 8/1/2015, and had the Company's Staff install the trailer on the back of my 2004 Cadillac Escalade, and after this staff person had went through the initial safety checks of checking coupler, and a tailights/signal light checks, give me the "Thumbs Up" to proceed away with such trailer. After I get home, which was a few miles from the rental center, located in Chandler, Arizona, I pulled out the loading ramps, and proceeded to load my Impala show car. Immediately the trailer lifted up, off of the hitch ball, and slammed into the back of my SUV, causing extensive damage to the rear of my taildoor, as you can only imagine what this would cause. I immediately notified Uhauls Emergency tow hotline and the customer service representative "noted" damage to the tow vehicle. Needless to say, it caused $5200.00 in Damage to my SUV, see pics, and I was given a Claim number, but after responding with all requested information by Rep West adjuster, now am getting the "avoidance" reply from their Adjuster, and Do have a really Family Attorney, if needed, but hopefully they will repair my vehicle, as soon as possible, as you can plainly see, the coupler was not tightened on the tow ball hitch, as was agreed upon ith the Uhaul store manager, , , LOL

N  18th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had everything I owned in a unit in Scranton PA (7/25/15 - 8/3/15) and their roof leaked ruining almost everything in my unit. I'm currently getting the run around by repwest and uhaul. Today an ajuster came to my home and took pictures and said don't get your hopes up, they take forever to payout if they payout at all. I contacted an attorney already and am contacting the insurance commissioner in the morning.
My repwest person refuses to return calls to myself or the manager of uhaul.
N  21st of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Well, what do ya' know??? Affirmative Action does really work, as I tried the Email of the dedicated employee, and stirred up the flame a bit. Anyways, DO NOT give up Hope on your claim being not settled right. I am rescinding my "Being -given- the -run -around" Suspiscions/Avoidance Issues with Repwest Insurance Company, as my truck will soon be repaired. Also, this website is ASTRONOMICALLY helpful, and greatly appreciate the ability to vent my frustrations with "OTHER" concerned customers, Good Luck!! Postscript: The pic provided below is me, just a normal blue-collared Bus Driver from Phoenix...

N  7th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
Repwest is earning their keep by not paying justified claims. They kept me on hook for 6 weeks and finally mailed a letter saying the claim was not valid. Attached pics tell the story

N  13th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

Uhaul - Horrible service
UHaul

We have rented trucks from this location twice, and both times the agent (Josh? Agent signature #30534) was very rude. We shouldn't have gone back the second time, but we were in a hurry and the location was closest to us. "Josh" avoided eye contact and acted like a *** at the desk, as well as out front when we asked him to empty the truck of trash and wash the side-view mirrors that were so dirty, they would have been a driving hazard. The whole truck was VERY dirty and the air in the cab didn't work properly: it only blew on our feet. I called Josh to ask if it was broken and he said, "Without seeing it, I don't know." I don't believe him, especially after he tried to pass off a dirty, garbage-filled truck as appropriate! "Josh" also listed the gas tank as being more full than it actually was: he wrote "15/16" but the gage was closer to the halfway mark between 3/4 tank and full. Also, we bought a roll of packing tape there that turned out to be SO THIN, it curled up and broke apart like the cheapest scotch tape on the market -- useless! Before we took the truck, "Josh" put a $75.00 hold on my card, and my receipt said it was only an authorization hold, not a charge... but when I returned the truck, and the total fee came to $57.76 and he STILL CHARGED MY CARD $75.00! I had a feeling he was screwing around with me, so I asked if he had released the hold and charged me the correct amount. He was annoyed and said, "I charged you $75.00 and gave you a refund for the difference." I asked how long it would take for the refund to post and he snapped: "I just put it through. How long your bank takes to process it is how long it will take. It could take 7 to 10 days." What!? What a ***! He should have canceled the hold and charged me the CORRECT amount! So, from his horrible attitude, to the filthy, broken-air truck, to the scam on the gas gage and over-charging me, WE WILL NEVER STEP FOOT INSIDE EMPIRE UHAUL AGAIN! And what's with the $1 environmental fee? I read the explanation for it on the Uhaul website, and it still didn't make sense. We will avoid renting from Uhaul -- any Uhaul -- from here on in... we'd rather pay our relatives with vans and trucks than contribute to a business that allows JERKS to work for them and scam their customers.
N  14th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

Uhaul - Don't use them
UHaul

U- haul is a bunch of thieves . . I bought u-haul blankets for 6 dollars a piece (5 of them) used them once, and tried to return for the offered monies back. I was in shock when the little man behind the counter took the blankets in the back room, did not give me my money back . When i asked for the blankets back he threatend me with the police, saying I was threatening and the blankets were U-haul property . I should have stayed for the police but who needs the hassle? I will never use u -haul again due to the rudeness and misrepresentation of service . Shame on you U- Haul

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree