TXU Energy / They did not fulfill their contract
In August 2007 we purchased a new home before we sold our existing residence. We had TXU Energy as our electrical service provider at our existing residence. We signed up with TXU Energy for service at our new home, and we contracted for their Summer Savings 24 Plan at that home. This plan provided a reduced charge per kilowatt hour and we were under contract for 24 months. We sold the first Hills home in late February 2008. I called and asked that the account and service to that address be closed as of the first week of March 2008. TXU then closed the accounts on both of our residences and we were without electricity at our new home. I spent numerous hours on the phone to their customer service department trying to get our power back on. We were without power at the home where we actually lived for 4.5 days, beginning on March 6, 2008. Their customer service was very unhelpful. After the power was restored, TXU did efficiently reimburse us for hotel and food expenses for the time that the power was out by issuing a credit to our account. However, they are now showing that we closed the account for our new home, even though the account closure was their error, and that voided the Summer Savings 24 Plan. They no longer offer that plan and have put us on a much more expensive plan. After more than two hours on the phone to their customer service department on 5/1/2008, in which they transferred me to numerous wrong departments and cut me off twice, I was informed in no uncertain terms that they refuse to reinstate us on our less expensive plan. To me, this is a breach of contract and very poor customer service. TXU customer service operators have a certain script and if the issue is beyond that script, they just won't help you and won't provide you with contact information for someone who can.
More TXU Energy Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - electric service
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account 
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - TXU Energy Did Not Honor 3% Cash Back Loyalty Reward