TWX*AOL Service / Wrong billing!

I have been an aol customer for a long time. Today i noticed on a credit card which i do not use for aol a charge of 25.90 which reads for twx*aol service. This was also done in sept. And now in nov. I called and was asked if i opened another acct. Apparently someone opened an acct. With that credit card which i used to pay with a year or so ago coincidence? The problem is that is not the credit card i use for aol and the amt. Is 14.95. I have ms and in a wheelchair so i have to shop online. I was told by a aol rep i have to wait for a form to fill out and also i have to fill out a form disputing the charges for the credit card. This is not right! Aol owes me so far 25.90 for 3 months on a credit card i don't use for aol. They made the mistake and i have to correct it. Stress isn't good for anybody but for someone with ms it is much worse. Is this a scam? Really upset with aol. This should be corrected by them not me.

Comments

• Ri
      22nd of Feb, 2007

I received a $35.90 charge on my credit card for TWX*AOL service that shouldn't be there.

• St
      28th of Feb, 2007

I have been trying yo cancel AOL for 9 months. I live solely on disability and recently had back surgery. I need that 25.90 a month and in Feb. They billed me twice. I live in Costa Rica and I have spent over a 100.00 on their 1-888 # to cancel. This should be illegal. If anyone can help please advise.

1st of Mar, 2007

This service just billed me for $30.90 and I have no idea who they represent.

21st of Mar, 2007

I have been charged twice for 30.00 , on my bank statement, it reads twx aol service, with 10 number's and person's name, julie juarez, then 10-digit's after that, i need to call, i have roadrunner , time warner cable and then i can get aol for free and these two companies are one. I don't know what I'm being charged for.

17th of Apr, 2007

I have never authorized AOL to directly take money out of my account. This is ridiculous on how you are able to do and the fact that you did. This is outrageous and I will not stand for it.

• Am
      20th of Apr, 2007

I have been charged twice every month for my services with aol and im tired of it

• Mi
      7th of Jul, 2007

AOL is unreal! I don't have any services related to AOL at all. I have Comcast High Speed Internet! My family has never had AOL. How did they get my banking information? Does anyone have a number to call about this? My bank is also stupid is somehow blaming me for this. They have never seen a charge from AOL on any bank statement before this one and they're blaming me. Aside from that they are upset that I am leaving their bank due to pathetic "security".

• Al
      1st of Aug, 2007

I have had the same TWX*AOL crap for close to a year, and I called my credit card and they are going to refund the whole amount. Just go through your credit card and they will handle it.

• Ca
      6th of Aug, 2007

This twx aol has been taking money from my checking account and making me overdrawn. I have never authorized this charge,I may have to call channel 2 to get this figured out.

• Ed
      26th of Aug, 2007

A friend of Mine that lives on Disability asked me to check into this TWX*AOL service charge that is being withdrawn from her Bank Checking Account monthly. It's a $30.90 Monthly charge and she didnt Ever sign Up for anything from AOL !! Whats the SCAM here and How does she go about recovering her LOSS??

• De
      14th of Oct, 2007

I use to pay 9.95 for my aol. Without my knowledge 29.95 was on my credit card. Please refund me and put me back to the 9.95 price. I am not responsibly for the change.

• Br
      7th of Nov, 2007

I never signed up for TWX AOL services and you are debiting my account of $30.90. Cancel this and return all my monies back to my account PLUS THE OVER DRAW FEE OF $38.00. THANK YOU!

• Br
      7th of Nov, 2007

NEED A TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZED.

12th of Nov, 2007

I AM HAVING A #TWX AOL SERVICE OF $25.90 CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO KNOW WHY, AND I EXPECT IT TO BE REMOVED AS FAR BACK TO THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER. WHAT REASON DO YOU HAVE FOR CHARGING MY ACCOUNT THIS AMOUNT. I CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER ACCOUNT WITH YOU. DO NOT CHARGE MY BANK OF AMERICA AGAIN, BECAUSE I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS ACCOUNT. PUT IT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.

• Be
      12th of Nov, 2007

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED A TWX*AOL SERVICE OF $23.90 FOR MONTHS AND WITH NO CONSENT THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER AND THEY KEEP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT. I WANT NO MORE CHARGES!!!

• Lo
      23rd of Nov, 2007

After buying a thumb drive through Google Checkout at Buy.com, I got an offer for a "Free magazine". Dopey dopey dopey, I clicked on it and got captured by TWX Corporation:
    TWX Magazines
    Magazeoutlet
    USNEWSDIGIT
    NSS Magazine Outlet

I followed advice on this board and called their number and kept saying "NO!" to the recording. I finally DID get a human and managed to get a refund of the ridiculous $33 they charged me for a magazine subscription.
    1-800-773-3142
    888-321-6247
    800-927-9578
    I wrote to the companies involved-
    Buy.com
    Google Checkout
    Horticulture Magazine

and told them I wouldn't deal with them until they severed their ties with these criminals. You can imagine the responses I got from them.....nothing.

DON'T fall for any of these either:

AOL AutoVantage
    Travel ER
    Travelers Advantage

• Sh
      8th of Jan, 2008

I have had $30.90 withdrawn from my checking account from TWX*AOL SERVICE for the past 6 months and haven't even been using their services. They increased their charge to $32.98 this past December and January, and I can't find a phone number to speak directly to somebody to stop these transactions from occurring.

18th of Jan, 2008

Well i had aol back in december of 2007 and i had it canceled because they had us set up on the high speed internet, we didn't even have a dsl to have high speed so they switched the aol to dial up and refunded me the 109.95 but then i canceled after they refunded me, on 01-01-08 they still billed my credit card 109.99 for service that i didn't even have. so i want to take legal actions. they will not refund me, saying that its all valid transactions. i talked to my credit card company and they are taking the legal actions.

• Pa
      26th of Jan, 2008

I have the same problem with TWX AOL. How do they get into my credit card account? I have comcast Internet, the only contact with AOL came with my Dell but it doesn't explain the access to my account for something I did not purchase.

• Ed
      23rd of Feb, 2008

For November, December, January, February - TWX AOL charged me an average of $ 38.- a month. What is this for???