TruGreen / scam artists

1 MI, United States Review updated:

Paid in full for 1 year of Trugreen service. Arrived home this year to find they sprayed my yard and left a bill for $76. I called because services were not approved and was told they are like the utility company that provides service from year to year unless cancelled. This is the first time I've used a lawn service and was not aware of this clause. They claim it was explained to me when I paid for the services the previous year, nothing was sent to remind or pay in full after the previous year. Once the services that were paid for were complete, that should have cancelled any future treatment unless paid for or acknowledged.

De

Comments

• Jm
      18th of Jun, 2009

I must have been called by the same person. They gave me the song and dance about the service continues "like the power bill". During my paid portion in 08, I called several times complaining of the problems I was experiencing with their service. I now have only weeds in the back yard and a spotty lawn in the front.
    I never agreed on the phone or in writing to extend services beyond what I agreed and paid for. I was again never made aware of their extended service agreement. I have asked they send me a copy of the signed contract... I know this want happen, as I have never met anyone from the company face to face. Everyone needs to check Trugreen on the web... more complaints than any company I have ever researched. Additionally, the service they provided me was horrible.

Jim
    Birmingham, AL

• Fe
      4th of May, 2011

TruGreen did the Same thing to me! They claimed that on every bill it clearly states that this is the case--funny, they don't make a mention of this (verbally) when they continue to press to sell you services--NEVER! And, considering this service is a seasonal service, how am I to remember, from season to season, that they will continue to provide service if I don't cancel...we, in Michigan, do have long winters, and (surprise!) TruGreen is not on the forefront my mind when spring comes around. They SHOULD call and ASK if I am interested in their services in the upcoming season. BE CAREFUL, they will scam you!

Bill
    Metro Detroit, MI

• Ta
      6th of Jul, 2011

They did this to me even thought I cancelled.. They had no record of me cancelling.. They are a complete fraud co. I'm am not paying this time and will spread my complaint everywhere