Tripsta / cancellation fees

1 Greece Review updated:

They said i didnt write my first name when booking online. So they charging £150 cancellation fees. If i ddnt write my first name how did i get on the next page? Also on there policy it says after we have booked ticket they double check if everything is correct. They ddnt tell me that there was an error. Im the one who contacted them after looking at my eticket which said mrs mrs *****.

Aa
Feb 11, 2014

Comments

• Ri
      10th of Mar, 2015

On 3 feb 2015, I have booked two return ticket from jakarta to london.
    For unspecific reason, they cancelled my ticket while I have paid full using my credit card. they just sent me an email which moved to my junk email folder.
    In very last minutes I just realized it and I have to book with another travel online (nusatrip). thank's god I found this nusatrip.
    On 5 feb 2015, tripsta refund back my transaction, but due to currency difference, I have to pay idr 1, 757, 999 to my credit card...
    I really upset and sent an email to tripsta, but they seems do not want to hear my complaint and just replying my email informing that they have refund 100% back... and never try to understand that I have to pay about usd 200 for this crap service.

Below is the summary from credit card billing statement

03/02/2015
    19, 477, 806.00 cr
    Posted

• Ad
      17th of Mar, 2015

Do never buy anything from tripsta!!! the worst customer service ever seen in my life

• Ca
      10th of Apr, 2015
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Tripsta - worst travel service I have ever experienced! I am a regular traveler and have never experienced such bad service.
    1. the customer service call numbers they provide are all invalid and do not exist (I tried south africa, france and greece)
    2. after making an emergency booking online (to attend my grandmother's funeral), I get a call the next day informing me that I am not confirmed on these flights and they can only give me a flight the next day... reluctantly having no choice I agreed. they then called back an hour later saying that even this won't work and I would have to fly the day after that (I would have missed the funeral had my family not agreed to postpone till I arrive). needless to say I was distraught, depressed and unhappy and this service made it worse! I did however get a refund so this made up for it.
    3. the real cherry on the top was my return flight. I was booked for duban - jhb - abu-dhabi - geneva. I decided to log into the airlines website to request my special meal as I am vegan, only to see that my long-haul flights (ie jhb - abu-dhabi) are scheduled a day later meaning I had to stay overnight in johannesburg! apparently one of the flights were cancelled. I would have only found this out at the airport had I not checked it online. tripsta didn't even inform me of this change. this also meant I had to inform my work that I would not come in. this caused a lot of hassle on my side. once again I tried to contact them via the call centre but yes indeed the numbers do not exist!

This company should be closed down!!!

• Ta
      26th of Jun, 2015

Be really carefull to tripsta. it seems that they have cheap price but their reservation, cancelation policy, and many things are not transparent. I lost 634 euros with tripsta!
    They do not reimburse any money once they took it. I booked a flight on 22nd may for 10th july with tripsta. qa. after 2 days, I had a problem with my visa application, so I decided to cancel this trip. I tried to contact by phone, no one answer the line. then I send them mail on 24th, the respond it on 28th!!! in their mail, this guy just told me that I could get 156 euro of reimbursement because of the airlines rules. I was quite shock, since it was not a last minute cancelation. I contacted the airline by my self and they told me, normally I could get reimbursement but since I bought through agent, I need to claim it through tripsta.
    Contacting them either by phone or mail is a nightmare and useless, because they will change the contact person every time and keep asking the same question again and again (service@tripsta. qa). they will try not to answer your question until you give up to claim your money.

I am so sorry for everyone who get a trap from them. please share your bad experience also in several sites such as trustpilot, etc, so other people can pay attention with this. I found out that they have some good reviews but I doubt that they are fakes and only to push up their rating. to prrof that my complaint is not a fraud, I attach the booking proof from them.

Until today, I am still struggling to get my reimbursement from them. they try to postpone it as long as they can, so in the end I could not get any reimbursement.

Pay attention to this service. they are not giving you the best price at all!

• Aa
      24th of Nov, 2015

Tripsta is the really worst customer relations that I have seen. they have charged a ticket that I could not but to my credit card and they denied to do refund. do not buy anything from tripsta

• Ay
      1st of Dec, 2015

Never use tripsta. this is the worst travel agency that I have seen. it is very difficult to contact customer relations. even you contact, they are not helpful. everything and every right they mention at their web page is just a lie.

• Vi
      8th of Dec, 2015

Pathetic customer service. they are not refunding my money... that I paid to purchase a flt ticket through them. the flight got cancelled due to floods but these guys kept saying they are waiting for a confirmation from the airline. jet airways have already given them instructions for the same which they apparently can't access for god knows.. whatever reasons. I personally went to the jet airways office& got the required documents & mailed it to them... but they haven't even messaged me back. they are daylight thieves!! do not ever book through them. they don't have any value for your time or money... burglars!!

• Pr
      16th of Dec, 2015

Worst service, customer care doesnt pick call nor do they refund the amount of flight on cancellation. Never book flight tickets from tripsta.

• Pr
      16th of Dec, 2015

Request you to cancel the flight and plz refund d amount ticket number 5899213440023

• Re
      5th of Jan, 2016

I misspelled my name on my flight ticket of just one letter and got in touch with them straight away. They replied 2 weeks later to my e-mail asking 100 euros for the letter change. So rude...

• Pe
      13th of Jan, 2016

They actually cancel my flight at very last minute by replying with an email. seriously? just an email? yes. the promise they had cancel the transaction and will not deduct my credit card balance but guess what?

After two days, they actually deduct from my credit card (with higher exchange rate) compare to the billing.

So they cancel my fligh without specific reason and take my money, secretly.

How the hell this kind of company still exist in the world??

• Ca
      26th of Jan, 2016

I am warning everyone about this company. they will mislead you and rip you off.

I had the most dreadful travel experience with them and I am a frequent traveller...
    I booked a return flight from london to lisbon with them. I paid for the booking but had a doubt at the payment stage as I would have preferred to see a summary of the booking prior to payment, which I couldn't seen on my screen, but still, I went on and proceeded. however, this summary only appeared on my screen at the exact instant the payment was processed. this is when I realised that I had selected the day after my intended travelling date for the trip making me travel the evening of the saturday rather than the friday (to return on the sunday afternoon), so that obviously didn't work at all. I tried to contact tripsta straight away as I realised the mistake but they do not respond on wes. first thing on monday, I tried to contact them to explain the situation and revert the booking but was told that I had to pay £35 to do any cancellation. I decided to go and book another inbound flight not to give that company anymore money but still had the intention to use the return flight. I had also paid the extra to receive any alerts regarding my flights.
    On the sunday prior to going to the airport to get my flight, I receive both my email alerts and my text message alert telling me that my flight is departing at the planned departure time from terminal 1.
    It is only once I arrive at the airport that I find that I had been cancelled from my flight!!!
    Tripsta had done there best to lead me to hide the ticket "rules", as when you click on "rules" there are lines and lines of rules all in capital letters that appear, therefore difficult to read, and it is only afterwards that I saw at the very bottom of all these "rules" that "flights have to be taken in sequence" without any further explanation of the implications if this does not happen.
    At no stage was I advised that the result would be that I would have been cancelled from my return flight, not when I called to explain my situation trying to sort it out prior to flying, not even after paying the extra to receive the latest updates on my flight!!!
    Instead, all was done to mislead me to think that I was able to get that flight leaving me no choice than book a later flight at a very expensive cost. had I at least known about this cancellation prior to getting to the airport, I could have made cheaper and less stressful arrangements.
    I don't think customers should be expected to know all the travel rules and it should be made clear that if the inbound flight is not used, the return will be cancelled. tripsta had plenty of occasions to advise me on this (on the phone, on email, while sending me the flights updates alerts I had paid the extras for), but they chose not to.

• Un
      6th of Mar, 2016

I booked an air ticket through tripsta. ae from shj to cok on jet airways. the booking procedures was very simple and straight. after 2 days I try to change my date because of a mistake by my administrator, its not possible to contact them by phone. I tried by mail, after I got a replay asking my details. I sent all the details which they asked. then no replay and only waiting only when I tried to call their offices which is not available in u. a. e. so my advice is don't book with tripsta. ae.

• Mo
      11th of Apr, 2016

Tripsta is a fraud website.
    They need to be closed down and put in jail. they don't have a customer service teambor nothing. it's all a scam and they never pick up the phone.
    I regret booking with them and I warn everyone not to use tripsta even if the ticket is 500$ cheaper.
    Please spread the word.

• Mo
      19th of Apr, 2016

These online agency is a piece of #.
    Yesterday I had booked a ticket for my father via tripsta and the ticket cost was deducted at the same time from the account. my father waited for the ticket number as it is not showing in the airlines system till the check in counter is closed. and he was unable to travel on the same.

In the meantime I had tried to call tripsa 24 hour customer care and no one was answering.

I had requested the refund but I didnot get any reply from tripsta.

Sorry for my bad english.

mohammed jasfan
    +97474446007

• Ta
      10th of May, 2016

Hello
    Please help me it was withdrawn from my account 1492.79 eur of the bank and did not show the ticket after payment did not send the email
    Booking details:
    From : bey to anu round trip tickets
    One way : 19 may 2016 - round trip 22 jun 2016
    Two adult : mr. mansour / hand
    mr. nasre yousef / manssour
    Please check your account and re amount of our credit.
    Regards

• Co
      31st of May, 2016

After booking the incorrect date for a flight, I attempted to contact tripsta to have the date changed, fully willing to pay all associated fees. I have tried. to contact them view phone on 4 occasions every day for the past 5 days, but their phone service does not work (when they claim to be a 24/7 service)

I have sent them 4-5 emails attempting to explain my difficulties but only one response to date informing me to contact their customer service number, which does not work.

I am so dissatisfied with the lack of service they have provided that I am going to lodge a formal complaint against the company as what they are doing is frankly illegal in my opinion.

If tripsta read this, please call me on the number I detailed in my booking reservation number as I am not going to leave this until it is resolved

Reservation number f56148604

• Ad
      4th of Jun, 2016

Hi,
    I am in the similar situation like many of you.
    Has anybody filed a complaint in the consumer court against this agent?
    Any positively results of the complaints?
    If anybody has tried please let me know.

Thanks
    Daniel

• Me
      20th of Jun, 2016

My credit card was used on their website for a reservation. i've never even heard of this website until I saw it on my bank statement. thank god I could cancel my card and get my money back through my bank. their customer service is a joke, 20 mins on hold and the person who answered spoke terrible english, did not understand what I was saying and had no interest in helping me. I am filing a complaint with whatever agency I can about this scam of a travel agency (I use that term loosely). my card was charged almost $200.00 plus a foreign exchange fee.

• Hd
      5th of Jul, 2016

I've tried to book a return flight for two from hong kong to da nang. it went all the way to the payment process but after i've key in the authentication of my credit card payment, the website told me that
    "the booking could not be completed because the fare is no longer available".
    But then, I got a text notification from bank that the payment had been made. i've tried to reach the customer service both on phone and online but in vain. I want my money back.