Tripmate / don't count on them
I have bought travel insurancve through this company many times, never used it, till july when we went to Peru. I bought the insurance policy in 2008 along with the tickets etc. I injured my ankle in march 2009, I was advised not to do the Inca trail. My travel agent said that since I have insurance I will get my refund for that portion of the trip. They just sent me a denial saying that injury happened before travel, so trip interruption insurance will not cover it. This is for about $450. This catch is apparently not known to even the agents who sell these policies.
Please let this be known to every one.
More Tripmate Complaints & Reviews
- Trip Mate Travel Insurance - refused refund 
- Trip Mate Travel Insurance - trip mate travel insurance requires the impossible 
- Tripmate - fraud 
- Tripmate - travel insurance fraud 
- Trip Mate, Inc. - trip cancellation 
- Tripmate - trip mate does not consider cancer an illness, claim denied
- Tripmate Insurance - refusing to fly 90 year old mother back home
- Tripmate - non payment 
- Tripmate - travel insurance (reimbursement) 
- Tripmate Insurance - returning a copa round trip cost; from venezuela to lax due to international mess