Travelocity / poor customer service

US Review updated:

I called to request a refund for an upcoming trip due to a medical emergency. The night I called I was informed that the airline would only refund one ticket, but that they were having difficulties reaching the airlines and that I would get a call back in 72 hours. 72 hours pass, no call back, and when I called travelocity they said that a refund wasn't possible at all, only a credit, and I;d have to pay $90+ the rebooking fine per ticket. The explanation for not calling me, they couldn't get through on the phone, even though they had multiple phone numbers to call and my email address. If this is the "service" one receives by using a travel agent - no thank you, not for me.

Comments

• Md
      Nov 15, 2010

CUSTOMER SERVICE -
    *Other then the fact they've out sourced their call center to a foreign country, the operators who answer are very rude and often find humor in using different voice modifications to use on the customer.
    *I was given completely incorrect information; when trying to confirm the info I was given - the Travelocity agent denied even speaking with me!
    *When trying to change the date of my flight ticket, instead of being assisted, I was urged to buy a whole new ticket. After about 2 weeks of calling and multiple agents (all of which said they would contact me back and never did) and multiple ticket change price quotes (from $400 change fee to $150 to $50 to finally $30) I was able to alter my flight dates.
    It seems the goal of Travelocity is only to make money no matter the consequence to the customer. I will NOT use Travelocity in the future. I will pass on this experience to everyone I come in contact with to prevent them from having to go through the same situation.
    I do not make complaints unless treated extremely poorly! Dealing with Travelocity was a horrible experience!