Travelocity / days inn by wyndham cleveland lakewood hotel, cleveland, oh

1 Cleveland, OH, United States

This hotel is a SCAM, HEALTH HAZARD, AND FIRE HAZARD.

August 2nd, 2018 we arrived to stay in Room 211. It is by far the dirtiest hotel room I've ever seen. I have photos of the smoke alarm dangling by wires off the wall, random holes drilled in the tv stand, piece of food and toothpick left under the bed, THICK LAYERS of dirt on wire covers and closet shelves that we hope weren't bed bug ridden, brown spots all over the walls and sink, burnt spot on the wall, outlets painted over, an outlet box partially pulled off the wall, and where the emergency escape map would normally be on the back of the door it had clearly been ripped off.
I truly feel this hotel is a health hazard and fire hazard. We left the next morning as we couldn't find another hotel with a vacancy available that night. I reported our problems to the hotel staff upon checkout but they offered no response other than 'no refunds'. Travelocity has REFUSED A REFUND also.
Considering the unacceptably disgusting conditions of the room, we want a refund for the nights we couldn't stay there. I've reported this hotel to the Days Inn Wyndham corporate office, Cleveland Department of Public Health, and the Better Business Bureau.

Bv