Travelocity / canceled ticket

I booked a ticket through Travelocity's website on Friday. I received an email confirming my reservation. Then I received an email the next day stating "the revenue protection department" needs to verify more information. Which by the way, the email looked like a Nigerian email scam and didn't look like it was an official email from Travelocity in any way. No one from that department ever called to verify this information with me at the numbers I provided, instead they somehow called my family (which I was surprising by flying over for Christmas) and questioned them about my flight. I have no idea how they got their phone number and why I was not called at the numbers I provided. I then received another email a few hours later that my reservation was canceled. So now flying over to "surprise" my family is ruined all for nothing since I don't even have a ticket anymore. I've booked countless airline tickets through various websites and have never encountered this. After reading that this same situation has happened to a lot of other people I regret ever using this website and will never make that mistake again.

Comments

• Re
      5th of Dec, 2010

So when you contacted Travelocity what did they say?

6th of Dec, 2010