Travelocity / bait and awitch

I was looking to book a vacation for my family and I so I started searching Travel Agencies. Afetr a while I went to Travelocities web site and entered the dates I wanted to travel anytime in June or July. I entered the length of cruise I wanted 7-10 days and the number, ages of people I would be traveling with, and the area I'd like to cruise (Carribean). The search returned a page that showed all the information I entered and two choices. One choice was around 800 dollars and the other was around 450 on a different ship. I was excited by the opportunity to book an affordable cruise so I called immediately to book the 450 dollar cruise to find that the price was not available on the dates I wanted to travel and that my price was to be around 1500 dollars a person. I will never book with Travelocity ever again.

Comments

• Do
      Jun 21, 2007
    Travelocity - Bait and switch!

I needed a hotel room in San Diego for a one night layover on my way to Honolulu. I had only one requirement that the hotel provide shuttle service as I was only there for one night and did not want to rent a car or pay taxi fare. Travelocity advertised the Comfort Inn in San Diego as 6 mi north of the airport with shuttle. I booked the room and when I arrived found that Comfort Inn did not provide shuttle service.

I ended up paying 60.00 in taxi fares to the hotel and back to the airport. When I called their Customer Service which by the way advertises satisfaction guaranteed, I was given the run around. I was on the phone for more than two hours as the agent would put me on hold saying he needed to research something. the hold times got progressively longer and longer and it occurred to me that he was putting me on hold in the hopes I would give up. I finally asked to speak to his supervisor and he flat out refused. I kept insisting to speak to a supervisor and finally he said ok and put me on hold again. I never got to speak to a supervisor. The final straw was when I asked him for his name. He replied his name was 'Elvis Thomas'.

I had my doubts that this was his name as he sounded Indian. I asked him if he was making this name up and he said yes he was making it up and would not tell me his name. I finally realized that I was not going to get anywhere with my complaint. My only option is that for the rest of my life I will do whatever I can to discourage friends, relatives and business associates from using Travelocity. Hopefully the $60. I lost will be minuscule compared to the amount of business I cost them.

• Di
      Nov 01, 2009

I booked a flight from RSW to PDX for a good price. That night I receive an email indicating that I needed to call Travelocity customer care as there was a problem confirming the flight with the airline (right), which I did promptly. The customer service personnel is obviously outsourced to India. I made it clear to customer care that I did not want to pay more for my ticket than what was quoted. The gentleman made a new reservation after I told him this., since "one of the leg times had changed." He at no time told me there would be a higher charge for the flight. When I received the itinerary confirmation email, I had been charged a higher price. When I called customer service to complain about the bait and switch, the guy indicated that "prices are always changing" (although never in the customer favor, I'm certain) and that my flight was confirmed. When I looked at the "new" itinerary, it is exactly the same flight numbers as my original booking. I am furious and vow to never use an online travel service again, especially Travelocity, but to buy directly through the airline.

• Ka
      Sep 15, 2010
    Travelocity - Bait and switch!
    Travelocity

Booked a rental car via travelocity. Encountered the "bait and switch" tactic used by Advantage Car Rental and apparently approved by Travelocity. ACR refused to give me the car type I reserved; ACR would not rent me another car type without charging more money. I refused, I went to another car rental co. instead.Travelocity did very little to address this issue. I will not use Travelocity or Advantage Rental Car nor would I recomend them.

• Ai
      Aug 13, 2015

I found a "great" deal on an airline ticket and called customer service to book it. The Indian on the other end doesn't speak/understand English well and intentionally keeps on the phone for a long time, just to tell me that "oops your ticket is no longer available, and now costs $2000!" It took me three hours to finally reach a supervisor in the U.S. and it turns out he works for expedia which turns out to be the same company as travelocity. They keep you on hold for hours so you will hang up, but hang in there and don't give up. BUY YOUR TICKET ELSEWHERE