TracFone / re-activation/customer service

1 FL, United States Review updated:

After 4 years with Tracfone I can tell you not to waste your time. I have a yearly contract and have had to replace my phone. I need to keep my phone number and have been getting the run around for almost 2 weeks now. Customer service is horrendous and there is no other option but to call the same 800 number and go through the song and dance. I plan on using up my contract minutes and dumping the whole thing---if I ever get the thing activated. I too plan to tell everyone I can NOT to deal with Tracfone. It just isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with customer service.

Eh

Comments

• Fl
      19th of Feb, 2009

I am having the same problem with Tracfone. I needed to get a new phone and wanted to keep my same number. First, they sent a phone with a defective SIM card; then, when they sent a new SIM card out, the phone refused to re-activate. Attempting to re-activate the phone, they switched my phone number without telling me. After two hours of the usual sing-song runaround from Customer Service, I am no further than I was. In fact, I'm further behind, because at the moment the phone won't work at all. I have to take a group of students out of town two days from now, and they all have -- well, what used to be my cell phone number. What a mess!!