[Resolved] Tracfone / they should be put out of business!

I have had a tracfone for a few years for emergency use. Recently tracfone told me my phone was obsolete and they would send me a new phone. I could not use my phone while this new one was arriving. I got the new phone but it was defective.

I tried calling this company to tell them i need a new working phone and not a defective phone to replace my previous phone. You only get people who can hardly speak english when you call tracfone on their 800 number. You can hardly get a real live breathing customer service person at all. I spent hours describing this problem to them. They refuse to solve it by sending another phone.

This company is unbearable to have as a service provider. They should be put out of business. I certainly am still without a phone due to their negligence in sending a phone that works.

• Resolution statement

• TracFone Wireless Customer Care's Response, Sep 13, 2018

This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

Je

Comments

13th of Jun, 2007

I couldn't agree more - this is a deceptive, dishonest company & it should indeed be put out of business. Aside from the recently "settled" class action suit in KY re: their practice of charging roaming fees for customers who are well within their area, this company is intolerable to deal with. I won't get into all the details of my problems with this company, other than to say a quick Google of " tracfone customer reviews" or " tracfone customer complaints" reveals that MANY other dis-satisfied ex-customers have had the same experiences re: their roaming fees, their deceptive claims, their unfathomable practice of using customer service reps in third world countries who can barely speak or understand English, & their apparently universal practice of trying every stalling tactic in the book to avoid refunding money. If these thief's have ripped you off, try contacting:

1) the B.B.B. of Southeast Fla.,
    2) the state attorney general office of both the state you reside in & of Florida, & the F.C.C.

After dealing with their customer NON-service for about a week, trying to get a refund for minutes I'd paid for but which they could not get onto my phone, I contacted the Attorney General & the F.C.C. - I had contacted the B.B.B. of Southeast Fla, but not a whole lot of luck with them (they're apparently in bed with this company, listing them as a "platinum member", despite their not being eligible by the B.B.B.'s stated criteria). The FCC seems to get things moving quite quickly with this company - apparently, the Feds' really scare them.

2nd of Sep, 2018

right on-was with them for years using the flip phone never had a problem, than than "pulled the plug" and said we no longer provide service for that type of phone. They sent a brand new touch phone (hate it) but none the less it was defective, and after many calls (no one knew much) now the latest is the sim was no good and wanted to charge me for delivery. god knows what will happen next. the battery drains in a hurry even when not in use. we will see what the new sim does, i dont trust them