Town-fair Tire / Work not done correctly!

1 1 Rosner AveNorth Providence, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 401-383-0641

I brought my car in on Friday January 11,2008 due to my steering wheel shaking when at high speeds. When I spoke to the sales associate I told him that I think that I may need an alignment or a balance in my tires. He stated that they will take a look at it and let me know, but we have a package for $99.00 that will give you a balance, alignment and a tire rotation. So then he came back out after "looking" at my car and says well your tire belt in the right front tire in broken so you will need a new tire as well, you mi swell get two new front tires. So I agreed! The man that had fixed my car brought some paperwork out and presented to tell me that they do not make a balancing kit for my kind of car????

So $250.00 later, I soon discover that my steering wheel is still shaking at high speeds, so I decide to bring the car back to have them take another look. I walked in and was describing what was happening and that I was there on Friday January 11,2008 but problems are still proceeding. When A young man behind the counter said from what he thought so I could not here "she probably took the tires off the car, that's what the problem is" he walks away. So I said well if I wanted to take my tires off the car myself then why would I be bringing it here for you to look at. The men behind the counter did not know what to say. The young man who made this statement came walking back up the the counter, and one of his fellow co-workers said "she heard you" so the young man says "my bad" and I said yes it is!

Anyway they took my car in the back for a second look and when the guy who had worked on my car brought the car out front and he proceeded to tell me that he gave two new free tires in the front wheels, Oh and that my front right tire rim in bent and that is why I have the shaking in my wheel and if I wanted to go to the junk yard to get a rim he would fix it for free!

Well my question is how come I was not told about the rim being bent the first visit, or is it that they bent the rim when they were working on my car? All I know is I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. Whoever runs a business like this should be embarrassed!!!

Comments

• Dr
      27th of Apr, 2009

Unless your driving a Ferrari or some other $100, 000+ Dollar car, they can do the work on your car at TFT, especially the balancing because 1. There arent "kits", there are different types of bang-on weights, as well as weights that you can stick to the inner part of the rim, which can do the job if no other weight will work. The big thing you need to realise is that most of the people working at a place like this are either motorheads or drop-outs. While they can do EXCELLENT work under competent management, they will typically do much worse if the managers are incompetent.