Town Fair Tire / lug bolts damage

United States Review updated:
3.85
Anyone who has had tires mounted at Town Fair Tire should remove their wheel covers and check to make sure all lug nuts have been put back on and that their is no damage to lug bolts.
Va

Comments

Nf
  7th of Nov, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Two new ties, 3 hour wait slow day, broken wheel cover, tires not balanced correctly.
An
  1st of Dec, 2007
Recently,

I purchased tires from Town Fair Tire in Salem NH. I was very happy with the price. I was also excited to know that they offer a free change over for snow tires. Needless to say, I went to swap out my tires and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. The clerks told me it would take about 1hr and 45 min to change the tires over which was fine. What was not fine, was my returning to the store 1hr and 45 min later only to find my car in the exact same place untouched. I cannot believe that they had not even started to work on my car yet!!! Once they saw be back at the shop, they attempted to swing the car in without me noticing however I did. They explained it would only take 10-15 min to swap out the tires even though my car was sitting there for almost 1hr and 45min. I don't think so. This was highly unprofessional and I was extremely disappointed. This location is very poorly run as well as lacking communication. I will never recommend Town Fair Tire nor utilize their services ever again!!!!.

Extremely disappointed
Su
  4th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i agree service is horrible and so aren't the attitudes.
Ma
  13th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Attitudes are horrendous and wait is impossible!!!
St
  17th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We bought our tires at Town Faire Tire as well. Yes ,they kept me waiting more than an hour longer than promised. Today my wife took the car in for a set appointment and they were surly, rude and kept her waiting forever. They also did not fix the problem with the tire. Seems they are consistent with their lateness, rudeness and surely behavior- this took place at their Fairfield, CT location. We vote with our wallets- no more business for them and I will tell anyone who asks to avaoid them at all costs. It is amazing that a business can exist with such poor customer service.
Wi
  8th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I called Friday Jan 4th, 2008 and ordered (4) tires they sell but didn't have in stock. I made an appointment to purchase the tires and have them balanced and front end alignment. I told the store manager Bill I would be in Monday Jan 7th, 2008 at 3:00 pm Bill said he would have my tires transfered in from another store. I arrived early and they did not have my tires in stock. He told me he would give me the next best tire for the same price. I agreed and was told it would take 1 hr and 30 mins. I came back at 4:40 pm car not touched. I asked the man behind the counter for my money back as I couldn't wait any longer had to take daughter to dance class. He told me I was next and that it would be a shame that I waited all this time and didn't get my tires done. I told him the shame was on them and that I didn't have the time or the patients to wait another hour and a half. Waited 15 more minutes for credit to my card and now they can't find my keys. Waited 10 minutes for keys. Never will I go back. My time is worth more than trying to save an extra $20.00 bucks. I will go to my local garage and pay a little more and be a lot more happpier. It was like a Jerry Seinfeld episode. They know how to take the appointment, they just don't know how to keep the appointment.
Sp
  12th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have gone to Town Fair Tire and have gotten tires and alignment done.. I did have some problems with the store bu i took it to the next level to the Dist Manager and the VP and they took care of the problem,Not all the stores are the same, May have trouble i one but does not mean all the store are that way,, I went to another one.. Bottom line is Y problem was solve.. Every bodys time is worth alot,,

Like I say can't compare allthe stores the same,, Contact the higer up that is why there are there.. They helped Me.
Ge
  18th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Had new tires put on my truck in the Plymouth town fair tire. Truck came out with a dent on the hood. Which they fixed only after I filed paperwork to sue them for the damage. One tire is missing my stock lug nut they used a nice old rusty one instead. Oh yeah and none of the tires had valve stem caps. I had to go buy them and put them on, not to mention the $20 of cleaner I had to use to get the sealent they smeared all over my 1000 dollar rims off, which still isnt coming off!
Th
  25th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i have delt with town fair tire in shrewbury ma, and i have never had a problem with the sevice nor there attitudes. i have been buying tires at town fair fo 15 years now and i am greatly satisfied.
all stores must be diffrent because these complaints just dont seem like the town fair at all.
Ch
  23rd of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been a loyal tft customer for many years and the only problem i ever had was the wait time,at the same token you dont go to a resturant that is empty!!there busy for a reason!! and its not just the price$$the store in worcester or maybe its auburn is fantastic!!!
Ma
  30th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'm in the process of looking for tires also but ran into trouble with TownFairTire years ago and swore them off for good. I purchased 4 tires for my Honda Accord and thought that I was getting a good deal until my car started to shake and shimmy. I found out that they overtightened my lugs when I went to check my brakes one weekend. I went to remove my tires to check my brakes and found that the lugs were so tight that the bots/nuts were knerled. This overtightening caused the rotors to warp, which the denighed was caused by them. However, I had just replaced the rotors just 6 months earlier and knew that they caused the damage from overtightening. When I took the car back they not only denighed it, but lied to be about the fact that my rim was bent and that I needed to purhcase another. I took the car to Honda, where they have a $100, 000 maching to check the rim's and tires. Imagine my surprise (NOT) when Honda told me that the tires were defective (flat-spots), that the overtightening caused my rotors to warp!!! I also requested that they check my rim and wouldn't you know it... IT wasn't warped. I called the regional manager and spent at least an hour on the phone with him. I told him that I didn't trust his workers, his company, or his word that he woudl make good by me. I told him that I was tired of dealing with them (2 months) and wanted to have new tires send to Honda and I would pay for them to put them on. I had to fight for that as the regional manager didn't comply with my request. I had to contact the CEO of the company from the TFT's website, in order to get any action.

My only suggestion is for you to completely aviod their service department all together. The management sucks, and the company is only out to screw you.

Mark Kimbark
Pa
  4th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been a loyal customer of TFT in Leominster for several years now. I expect an hour or two wait when they are busy, and they usually are. I've brought my last four vechicles there for alignment, balance, winter tire swap and of course new tires. I've received great prices and great service. Only once was there a screwup and my tires that were supposed to be held until the next day were sold by accident. Because they were out of stock and none were available nearby, they sold a premium set to me at the same price. You can't ask for more than that. I will be going back within the week. Every store is unique from the others. Try another location if you are not satisfied.
I don't stop going to all the well known burger joints just because the one nearby is run poorly.
Jo
  7th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I think TFT if great... they gave me great service, a free front wheel alignment, and also let me know that on my car the rear needed to be adjusted to and didnt pressure me into buying it either. also i drive a 4 wheek drive car and the saleman stressed that on a four wheel drive vehicale you can not mix match treads because it is not good for the vehical. it was 3 oclock on a saturday and they didnt have the tires in stock so one of the saleman jumped in the truck and drove 4 towns over to pick up the tire and they had me out of there by 4:15...
We
  5th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
fyi, you people who think TFT is so great. You wouldn't think they're so great if you peak thru the window and see how they're treating your car. I watched as they pealed my car out of the bay, in revearse. I watched as they spun my tires, holding the brake down, to remove those long stickers off the treads of each tire. Take a peak, watch as they're services your car. You might come out with more than new tires. Like bad breaks, dents, your air caps missing... They gave me my car to take home before it got the front end alignment that I had already paid for. How about that. They might act all polite in your face, but when they get behind closed doors in those bays, you better watch out.
Th
  12th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It really depends on the store. Im lead tech for TFT Vernon CT, store # 531. We are one of the best stores for customer satisfaction. Although I do admit, I visit stores all over the state and some of them are very questionable.

Its crazy reading your fredback, nobody would ever intentionally "burn out" or otherwise "race around" in your car at my shop or they'd be fired. the tires do chirp on/off the lifts somtimes on rear wheel drive vehicles... pickup trucks especially... this is normal.

and to the guy who said "overtightening the studs warped my rotors"... you should do some more research before shooting off statements like that... wheel studs are part of the hub assembly, your rotors "float" on top of this assembly and would be un-effected by over-torqing.
To
  26th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
they stole a digital camera from my car...thiefs
Je
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought new tires and wheels, and have to say I'm not too pleased. I had to come back 20 minutes after my car was "finished" because my car started pulling severely to the right, and the wheel shook violently. An hour later after I brought it back, I left again, and now the vehicle pulls to the left. Road noise in my car is awful at this point, and my gas mileage is down quite a bit since last weekend when I had this done. I had to make an appointment with my dealer to have the alignment corrected... the funny thing was it was driving fine before I brought it here. I gave them to chances to make it right, but I just don't have the time to keep bringing my car back there, especially if I do not trust the work they're doing. I'll admit they have some good deals, but if you ask me, it's not worth the aggravation.
Tf
  26th of Apr, 2009
I am a TFT employee and we do good work. All of you people are probably just ###ing picky losers who have nothing to do with their unemployed fat-### selves but just complain on the ###ing internet. You people are bums go get a ###ing job and do something with your useless live. Try and actually contribute something to society other than uselessness.
Dr
  27th of Apr, 2009
What store do you work for? I seriously doubt any actual TFT employee would respond like that, for fear of loosing their job. If i find out which store your at, ill have my old manager contact District. Though i havent worked at TFT since december, i dont like to see a few bad eggs ruin the reputation of some fine techs.
Wr
  30th of Apr, 2009
I not going to repeat myself, but here's a rant I have with TFT.. www.gotarant.com/rants/rant.aspx?id=96

Town Fair Tire Centers Logo Town Fair Tire Centers