Toshiba Canada / hd dvd player
Toshiba customer relations at head office AND product is a joke!
I spent almost two moths dealing with someone from that department regarding my defective HD DVD player - model XA-2. This particular model would shut down when using 1080p mode only, 1080p/24fps mode worked with no issues. At first I was advised to take the unit in to be looked at and the repair depot did it fact find it had a bad motherboard, so the repair depot requested Toshiba to replace the unit as it would have been cheaper to do so than replace the defective part. I thought PERFECT...problem solved! Well, I could be so lucky...the new unit did the exact same thing!!! Now, at this point Toshiba started to say it was my TV causing the issue and it wasn't compatable with the HD DVD player! I wrote many letters with links to various forums showing that this model had what is called "1080p shutdown" bug...well Toshiba Canada denied all this and refused to do anything for me (yet Toshiba USA and Switerland confirmed this issue)...until I advised them I sent a complaint to the BBB and the Ministry of Government. Suddenly they wanted me to ship the unit to them directly in Ontario and were quick to offer me some free HD DVD discs for all the trouble. They tested the unit for one day (so they stated) and found no fault and returned it to me with a letter that pretty much told me to go [censored] myself with the player's remote and called it a day. I didn't even get the free movies they offered!!!
The above is a very quick version of the drawn out back and forth with Toshiba and the dumb s**t who represents that company. I will never support ANY product made by Toshiba in my life and have turned others away from falling into their trap. I do hope that one day Toshiba folds in the towel, like they did on that horrible HD DVD product.
STAY AWAY FROM TOSHIBA PRODUCTS!!!
More Toshiba Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Toshiba Satellite Notebook - toshiba notebook problems 
- Toshiba Satellite A135-s2276 - toshiba computers disregards lemon product issues 
- Toshiba - toshiba sucks! 
- Toshiba Satellite A210 - toshiba canada claims no responsibility 
- Toshiba / 40rf350u LCD TV - picture problem 
- Toshiba Corporation - damaged toshiba fire tv - replacement
- Toshiba Corporation - fridge maintenance
- Toshiba Corporation - tech support
- Toshiba Corporation - electrical goods
- Toshiba Corporation - television has bad picture