Tlg*great Fun / Unauthorized charges

TLG*GREAT FUN - Trilegiant Corporation
Phone: 800-214-6422
When purchasing tickets on the website Priceline, there was a place to check if I wanted $10 in reward for my purchase. I did this, and soon afterward received a membership packet from this scam company. Was unable to reach them because their phone was continually busy. I wrote to them demanding they cancel any membership, and sent a copy to their corporate HQ. Despite this, I was charged $11.99 on my card the following month. Wrote again and called them --- reached someone this time. They said they would reverse the charge and end membership, still waiting at this point. Have written Priceline urging them to end this practice. Really bad business. Teaches me to watch my card charges carefully.
The company office is in Nashville, TN, but the corporate HQ (Trilegiant Corp) is in CT.

N  21st of Dec, 2008 by
Okay I just realized that I have been getting charged $11.99 each month for god only knows how long. I called my credit card company today and said to dispute it I would have to call the company and of course it is the weekend and they are closed. I think I have been getting charged this since April or May because the last time I used this credit card is when I purchased Airline tickets and a rental car from Priceline.com. I checked great fun's website and they are partners with Budget rental car company which is who I got my car through but I slightly remember seeing somehting about great fun on Pricelines website. After getting off the phone with the credit card company I realized that I think I have been receiving mail from this crappy company and found it. I have a check from the company for $10.00 but if I were to cash it, it would activate some kind of "savings plan". Since I know I have not cashed any of these clearly junk mail checks, why oh why am I getting charged. I am peeved! Lets just say someone at that stupid company is going to have their A$$ handed to them first thing Monday morning.
N  9th of Mar, 2009 by
I clicked on an offer to save money on my next plane airfare, after I had just purchased tickets. The next thing I know, I belong to this club. I cancelled the membership withing the 90 day trial. The problem is I do not have the confirmation # for the cancellation that I was given. I was told that I would not be charged, because I cancelled within the 90 days. I just recently noticed that I have been charged 11.99 per month for 6 months. I called again and do not have a lot of confidence that they will do what they say. What can be done about these scams? I can see that a lot of other people have been taken by this company too.
N  28th of Jun, 2009 by
Have a charge for $34, 99 that was not authorized
N  25th of Aug, 2009 by
I have an unauthorized debi charge on my bank card for $12.99
N  18th of Sep, 2009 by
I was just charged $149.99 out of my checking account from these Rip off Artists! I never authorized ANYTHING and I will NOT! Thank god I have the $150 right now or I would be overdrawn out of my account!!!
N  23rd of Oct, 2010 by
I discovered that "TLG*Great Fun Inc. has been charging $12.99 per month to may credit card since October 2008. They claim it was part of a purchase from "Current Catalog". Current knows nothing about it. I spent an hour on the telephone with their "customer service" (TLG's) trying to get the money refunded. After speaking to a customer service rep., their supervisor and that persons supervisor, I was transfered to "The Office of the President" for TLG*Great Fun. There I was instructed to leave a voice mail and that my call would be returned within 48 hours...Still waiting. I've filed a complaint with the Atty. General's office in PA. The Atty. General (Tom Corbett) is running for Gov. and is looking for ways to advance his cause. Maybe it will do some good. The "customer service reps and supervisors all have a heavy accent. I believe the department is located in India or somewhere in the far east. Their hard to understand and just keep parroting the same information. Watch out. Makes me skeptical to order anything from anyone online.
A  8th of Dec, 2010 by
Please contact Freed & Weiss. They need to hear from you and they want to stop the Trilegiant Scam and help.

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

EB Games.com,
Redcats USA
Pizza Hut
Movie Tickets.com
GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

Great Fun,
Just For Me,
Everyday Privileges Gold,
PC SafetyPlus,
and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Great Fun Logo Great Fun