Tissot T Touch Watch / defective watch

1 Israel Review updated:

My name is Jakob Barak I am a pilot and an electrical engineer from israel. I purchase a Tissot T Touch watch tow years ago, Mainly on because that my father was an pilot in the second world war and his Tissot watch not only passed the war is also work till today (from 1930). Obviously today Tissot are fare away from that.

My first Tissot T Touch watch become out of order three months after I bought it, then thy fix it and it stop to function again after three months, and was spoiled again and again 4 times.

For my completion thought that the exchange of the clock is implicit, but not in Tissot. For them it is reputed as favor, and after fight and many letters it was exchanged the watch to a new one, and I wish that it was end of the story. But in the new watch the amazing story repeated himself, And as of today the new watch was spoiled already three times. There is to point out that on Angelina Jolie in the movie of the watch look wonderful, But in my opinion it is not enough, and it also should work sometimes. The second time already I did check in the internet forums and turn Out that it is not only my problem, and I have 5000 mail of people all over the word that have the same problem with Tissot watches. Ironic the representation in Israel gave service over the her buoy, but to know Tissot reparation on the sorrow and the time is identical watch or more inexpensive. (it in an attempt that impossible to buy omega).

The watch is built with functions to the pilots but with reliability of market in Thailand.

Jekob barak.

Comments

Dr
  25th of Jul, 2007

I would like to first start off and say that I'm quite upset at the way customer service has handled my situation. I purchased one of this companies blenders over 120 days ago. I was promised that I would receive my blender within 60-90 days. I have called multiple times and now they have blocked my e-mails and calls from coming in. I get the same answer over and over, your blender is in customs. I mean come on you have my money give my blender. If there ever really was a blender, cause now they don't even sell the damn thing anymore.

Ma
  16th of Sep, 2007

i brought my husband a tissot watch from morley west ausralia ,any way i got it home the strap was too small ,i went back to the shop i had to bye a cheap strap, they did not have any different sizes ,so i put an order in for a tissot strap .
they said it would take up the 6 months to get one ,
well thats really good isnt it cant get a strap

mrs hammond

Gr
  11th of Jun, 2008

My wife purchased me a Tissot Touch Titanium in Karinyup shopping centre in W Australia in late March 2008, after 4 weeks it started to do some strange things, eg beeping intermittently, switching from Altimeter to alarm etc. Then today about 80 days old it gave up the ghost. It is locked on altimeter mode but jumps to alarm occassionally. I have no time facility. I have since read all the negative things about the TOUCH watch - Tissot should take it off the market until they sort it out. I will request that the supplier exchanges it for a conventional Tissot.

Br
  28th of Dec, 2008
Tissott - Unauthorized Charges
Loma Linda
California
Phone: 909-796-5779

1. How did they get my credit card #.

Ad
  15th of Feb, 2009

i have also a problem with tissot T-toutch.
after one year i lost the T button and when i went to the service center in jordan to repair the said it will cost me 100$ and i have to wait 3 months for the order to arrive...
i had a 10$ watche, it work 3 years with me i never lost any button of it or never have any malfunction.
DONT BUY TISSOT t-TOUTH

Adel - Palestine

Tj
  3rd of Apr, 2009

DO NOT BUY A TISSOT! I purchased the watch on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship out of Venice in July of 2007. I LOVED the watch, and am a big outdoorsman that used the compass and altimeter, barometer—everything a lot hunting bighorn sheep in the Rocky Mountains. I literally thought I could be a commercial for TISSOT TOUCH. Last summer the watch quit working, and then started again, it worked on and off for a few months intermittently stopping—I assumed it was the battery and when it finally stopped for good I took it to my jeweler to have the battery replaced. He could not open it, which I discovered was a good thing because the warranty would have been void. I then contacted TISSOT through the website, and within a few days Veronica responded Friday, November 7, 2008, 9:14 AM. Since then I have been in touch with Time Tech, a referred watchsmith on your list, I sent them the watch (WITH a battery, since I expected that was the issue) only to discover after several weeks of persistence, that they do not work on the TOUCH and sent it away. It then took me quite some time to receive any further information as to where the watch went, who has it, what they are doing with it, when I will get it back. Of course, all this time, I was still thinking I had an $800 watch. I finally receive, after persistence once again, information that they sent it back to “the factory” and I cannot call them because Time Tech sent it to them and is the customer, not me, so they will not talk to me. OK, fair enough, after all I am getting my watch fixed for free, it is a warranty issue obviously—what happens next? I receive an estimate for $400, $245 minimum from TIME TECH. Where is the estimate from “the factory” or is the watch being repaired under warranty and Time Tech is charging me $245.00 to coordinate it? Also, why could I not send it to the factory in the first place? At this point I am thinking of tossing the watch and regretting the whole purchase—I can’t even sell it, it doesn’t work, and functional used one can be purchased for $290.00 on ebay—that is what I am being charged just to get mine back. I have been told that I need to get the battery replaced about 1/year (?) That seems like a pretty big hassle for an $800 watch. Did I make a mistake in buying TISSOT? As cool as the watch is and as much as I loved it for one year, that is a pretty expensive short term investment.

Ad
  5th of Sep, 2009

its me again, Adel Idais from Palestine.
now my T-touch is totaly out of service and i returned to my Casio G-chock.
i dont beleive that i will trust the tissot again so i put it away and i have to foget my 800$.

Re
  12th of Sep, 2009

Tissot t touch

WHAT A JOKE, 5 repairs, including 3 new replacement watches and now my third replacement watch is faulty,

I give up, its going in the Bin

Ca
  15th of Sep, 2009

hello, i am from Turkey. i bought a tissot t-touch like one and a half year ago. it worked 6 months properly, then it stopped, i sent it to service and story began. this is the fourht time it is stopping working. they said they will change it with another one but not t-touch. in the service they changed the mechanism 3 times.
DO NOT BUY TISSOT T-TOUCH, but i do not want to be unfair other models may be better.

Can...

Ks
  27th of Sep, 2009

what a shame for a company which claims wonders in their craftmenship. i have tissot t touch bought from a jeweller in india. it worked fine for about ten months...now altimeter gone...temprature on the watch is 81.3C and hands dont match the digital time and finally it wont syncronise...after reading all above stories i am too scared to even venture getting it repaired...conclusion. i just feel ashamed i put up my hard earned money into TISSOT...it sucks...i wish the company had invested more of its energy in watch perfection and trust than in the story of a watch company and the casing...huh

Da
  14th of Dec, 2009

My t-touch quit working 6 months after I bought it and it took tissot 3 months to repair it. 3 moths after the repair it did the same thing again. Now my negative button is gone and and now the arms of the watch will not stop moving and it wore down the battery. I have never had a watch that has broken down as much as this one . It s an expensive piece of crap.

Be
  14th of Dec, 2009

hi i m from punjab india I got my most expensive watch Tissot T-Touch at the cost of Rs 34000/From ethos store in ludhiana in 2006 It Worked for Six months then the problem came in the compass it did not orientate even after syncronization time was ok but in compass mode it did, t work i know abt geo. correction but it did't work, thank god i hav gurenty it got repaired or u can say adjusted Now after 3 years its altimeter and temp.dont work they say that sensor has to be replaced, , and it will cost me Rs 9500 and to my knowledge there is altimeter sensor which work with atmospheric pressure sensor has a gel on its surface and the gel has an age of 2-4 years so it does not make sence of being such an expencive sensor so just think of these factors before buing the watch thanks.

Mi
  24th of Feb, 2010

It seems that Swatch Group (the owner of Tissot) has made a very profitable high margin business for itself and its affiliated resellers out of its Tissot Touch repairs.

The Tissot Touch issues start to to look like a Swatch out of warranty repair scam which will eventually tarnish the overall reputation of the Tissot and Swatch brands if not .

Bought my steel Tissot tax free in 2004 in Malaysia for only USD500. It stopped working after three months and it took another month to replace the mechanics after which it worked fine till June 2008. Reading from other users' responses I was very fortunate to get 4 years of use which is a pretty high ROI.

For AUD200 the mechanics were replaced by Swatch Group Australia in July 2008 and last week it failed again. Swatch Group Australia now tells me it is 6 months out of the warranty repair period and will cost me AUD320 to get fixed again.

Looks like a repair scam to me.

Co
  5th of Aug, 2010

I have the same bad experience with this watch (TTouch) The company will not replace it free of charge. I think there is a place for a class action against Tissot. If you agree please respond to this comment to the email ttouchsucks@me.com

Thanks,
Shuka

To
  7th of Aug, 2010

I am from UK. My TTouch is 5 years old. Got weird once but after reset continued working for another couple of years. Compass stopped working after 4 years and now it is completely dead. Just does not respond to any controls, hands run wild. To repair it in UK is very difficult and takes weeks even to get to know how much they want to charge. Besides when it was opened in front of my eyes I say that it was full of muck which clearly shows that it is not water tight at all. Hence I should not have been swimming with it. Damn shame for a Swiss brand. This is suicidal - soon no-one will want to spend all this crazy money if china made cheap watch can outlast these "state of art" watches. I will toss mine in spite of the titanimum body (which is very good by the way!).
SERG

Bo
  28th of Nov, 2010

I have loved the features of the touch watch and am anticipating buying one for my grandson as a graduation present. After reading all the complaints and considering the price of this watch I am not so sure this will be a special gift for him going into college.

Ga
  20th of Jan, 2011

It seems Tissot has found an extra way to make money. My Tissot broke within months of purchase. I've had it repaired at the shop 4 times in 3 years and have finally asked Tissot to either fix it or replace it. Of course, I have to pay for shipping and insurance, and only after that will they tell me how much I have to pay for a repair on their poor quality product. I wouldn't touch this company again.

Ch
  7th of Jun, 2011

My wife bought my Tissot Touch watch for AUD$1500 for a 40th Birthday present, it has stopped working and I thought it would be a battery replacement. To my shock I was quoted $490 for a replacement circuit board and informed that the moisture was present internally. I pointed out that the watch is water proof to 20M, a side issue as i even took the watch off even before washing my hands. I was told that the 20M pressure test is only good for being caught in a heasvy shower of rain. Unbelievable!! I am now told that the repair would be guarenteed for 12 months, and would be best advised to have the seals checked every 12mnths, with a full service every 3-4 years, Nice revenue at $490 a pot. I too have a cheap sub $100 Chinese watch that never misses a beat. Please do yourself a favour and avoid this product, The only guarentee is the stress and agro it will cause you.

Al
  15th of Jun, 2011

I bought a T Touch-Titanium in Cambodia, in a vacation trip with my family, it looks very nice and elegant
I have it as a Gift for MYSELF, after working in a very arduous project, , ,
but after less than a year, Everything Fails !!!Time, Compass, etc
The Name Tag and The Price tag does not Guaranty of a good product, , ,
The name is so popular and the price is so, , What we call OVERPRICED, ,
The Company should RECALL this Product, , ,
Since 1853, , , , They just ruined the 100 years of good reputation
The Company should take care of the Customers, , it was them who made you last more than a hundred years, ,
I would also Highly Recommend, , DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH, , , , ,

Bk
  23rd of Aug, 2011

After doing months and months of searching for a watch that I wanted. I found the Tissot T-touch II...(II) which was supposed to have fixed all the bugs. I have had this watch in my possession for about only a week and worn it only 3-4 times. I am very meticulous when it comes to my electronics, cars, and my jewelry. A watch that retails for $850 should not have any problems especially in the first week. This watch started off being a "too good to be true" type of watch which I genuinely looked forward to showing off to my buddies. Everything else still works but the digital display went blank. I tried to put the watch in sleep mode and then back on to no avail. I then started searching online to see if the digital readout had its own battery (it doesn't)... Then I started finding people who had similar problems to mine. I cannot believe they are knowingly selling these watches and obviously making a fortune on repair costs. If you had a $500 + watch and it broke after warranty, wouldn't you pay up? Lucky for me, mine broke soon enough for me to get a refund online at the web store I purchased it from. I am supposed to get a Return Authorization Number from them tomorrow... Wish me luck.