Tire Kingdom / Cooper Tires / poor service!

I called and asked them if they carried Cooper Tires and they told me they did. I then went into the store and stressed several times that I wanted COOPER Tires and a synthetic oil change. When I returned to store several weeks later to purchase two more new tires, I mentioned that my tires did not say Cooper on them and the service manager said "Oh, we didn't put Cooper Tires on - we put on Falken tires" I never heard of Falken tires and upon further checking, their website does not include Cooper Tires so they don't even sell them to begin with! They should have told me that they don't carry Cooper Tires and should have asked me if Falken Tires were ok and I could have made an informed decision at that point. This is dishonest, deceitful, unethical and immoral. Additionally, now I wonder if I even got the synthetic oil change I clearly indicated several times that I wanted. I've written to the BBB, Consumer Protection agency for FL, etc., etc., etc. and, of course, the CEO of Tire Kingdom.

No response from Tire Kingdom. DO NOT GO THERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - they had no right to lead me to believe I would get Cooper Tires and then casually mention that they decided for themselves to put on a tire that isn't even a brand name and make any substitutions without my approval.

Comments

• 95
      12th of Apr, 2013

When you call a tire store, most of them "carry" any kind of tire they can get even if they don't stock them. "Carry" simply means they deal with or can get the brand you want. Sounds like a stupid mistake, maybe not much more than that tho. The type of tire purchased should be clearly listed on both the order you signed before the work was started AND on the receipt you got when it was finished. Make sure you are signing for the right thing! After the service is complete, go and do your own quality assurance check to make sure you got what you paid for. Mistakes happen, but so does fraud. If you discover you did not get the tires you want, and they cannot remedy you for some reason the store level managers should be able to at least give you money back. Hope this helps!