Tire Kingdom / customer cheat

1 Apopka, FL, United States Review updated:

After calling around and asking about new brakes I found what I felt was a good deal plus a Neighbor highly remmended them..they quoted me $169 and some change..so I went in the next day another guy said he heard the quote, but he could do better..he quoted me a even lower price $152 and some change and I thought great..I left my car and my Partner and I walked through a used car lot that was next door when we returned he said "I just don't know how you made it in..this is cracked and that is rusted out" and my $152 quote was suddenly $207..what he did not know is I build airplanes, I've built cars I know when my car needs work and when it doesn't.. my car only began acting up and making noises the day before so I knew he was blowing smoke..first of all had there been any cracks as he stated I would have had alot more trouble then just pulling and grinding sounds..and I told him this..then I told him I had $170 in my pocket so unless he wanted them to put my car back together and lose what money I do have he better come up with a new total...he returned and said the lowest he could go was $171.98..so basically he walked away with the last $2 I had in my pocket. (I'm serious I left there with 2 cents in my pocket..we had planned on eating with the money we thought we were saving because of his lower quote, but when we left I had two whole pennies to my name) btw when they claim something is broken, but they'll fix it for free, it means they broke it so don't fall over yourselves thanking them. I had no choice it was Sun. I needed my car the next day and he knew it..so I paid the money..the only satisfaction I have other then my car being fixed and not paying the $207, but we had at the time a bad stomach virus and did not know it..we hopefully passed it on to the scammers at this place..we wont be back so Tire Kingdom you lost a customer..we'll go to Zychs instead!!

Va

Comments

• As
      30th of Oct, 2008

while i agree there are some guys out there who will scam you, i have one disagreement with your story here. heat cracks are a very normal thing to find on rotors, brake pads, brake shoes and drums. i am an ASE certified technician and i see these things all the time. heat cracks will not cause catastrophic failure or anything, but they are a huge concern when dealing with brakes. whether this is what he was referring to or not, i do not know. i can tell you if your brake components are cracked due to heat then that means the metal there has more than likely tempered due to that same heat. you working on aircraft and building cars should know that when you have two friction components of opposite strengths will cause the softer one to wear abnormally, which can cause a nasty brake pull in the case of automotive brake systems. its unfortunate that you feel you have been had, but you have to realize that some technicians and service managers (not saying the shop you dealt with is) are actually working because they enjoy working on cars and like to help people get their vehicles taken care of. i hope you find a shop that treats you better.