TigerDirect / terrible company

Once you submit a purchase there is no going back. There is no ability to cancel and no ability to change the address if you typed it wrong. Granted it was my fault for not double-checking but I noticed my error immediately after I pressed 'submit'. No amount of emails or phone calls to Tigerdirect was able to correct the shipping address. And they absolutely can never help you over the phone. You see, after I noticed the error in my shipping address I immediately emailed and called Tigerdirect. They stated over the phone that I would have to wait an hour in order for them to help me. I then called later and they had already shipped the product I purchased to the wrong address.

Even after I explained to the customer service person that I was calling to correct a shipping address, he simply couldn't help me fix it. Now all I can do is wait for the product to be shipped to the wrong address (which I don't even believe is a valid one as it was entered due to my typing error) and then we simply have to 'hope' that the residents (if any) at the wrong address have it shipped back. Then they would be able to finally ship it to the correct address. So now I basically am having to wait 12-28 days for my shipment instead for 3-7 days as the product has to take four trips instead of one! I would not suggest anyone to use Tigerdirect as they are unorganized and there are too many things wrong with their purchasing system. There is a complete lack of ability to fix errors with this company.

This has led me to believe that this is the place online where criminals go to purchase stuff with other people's credit cards. I believe this to be true because when I made the purchase I had my old phone number and an incorrect billing address associated with my credit card. With any other online retailer, my credit card would have been rejected but it was not. Instead they charged my credit card immediately and went ahead and shipped it even though I attempted to fix the address right after I submitted for the purchase.

Ev

Comments

19th of Feb, 2007
    TigerDirect - received no merchandise, just excuses!

I place 3 orders with this company and the first disappeared, of course after they had charged my credit card. The second I paid by Secure EBill and the check cleared the bank. 10 days after the check cleared they cancelled my order for non payment. The third, I actually received a couple of the items, but am still waiting for BO's. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! You will be taken in one form or another. If you get anything your Rebate will not be honored or you will get Junk. I have enclosed a link to the Florida BBB and their report says it all. I wish I had read this before doing business with these total Idiots.

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID= 1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000027000500

• Sj
      1st of Aug, 2010
    TigerDirect - terrible experience
    TigerDirect

Terrible experience. After being a loyal TigerDirect customer for many years, they have lost my business for good. I made a mistake in the shipping address, and contacted support to have the package re-routed. I was told that the shipment would be re-routed, and given a confirmation number. The package was delivered to the wrong address despite the vendor's assertion that the problem had been taken care of. I contacted the vendor again, and was informed that it was not possible to re-route packages sent through Google checkout, and that the first support representative was wrong to have told me so. I asked the second support representative how the problem could be remedied, and I was told there was nothing that could be done about it. Worthless support staff, terrible support. I'll be using other vendors from now on.

• Ti
      5th of Aug, 2010

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately we do not have enough information in your post to pull up your information and better assist regarding this matter. Please contact me directly at [protected]@help.tigerdirect.com so I can further assist you with your case.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Cl
      13th of Dec, 2010
    TigerDirect - bad service
    TigerDirect

Ordered my daughter's Christmas gift Mac Book. They took the order and my money and even gave us a UPS tracking number. After two weeks, they blamed it on UPS, my address, their shiping dept and then they finally admitted that they never had the item. To make it worse, they refunded all of my money except a Shipping Charge. They never call back and their supervisors give bogus extensions. Class act of a business that would not be surprised to be discovered as a shame. Buy at your own risk. And good luck getting your money back. I have had to get the BBB involved.

• Ji
      24th of Feb, 2011
    TigerDirect - sold me expired ink!
    TigerDirect

I purchased ink for my printer from them through Amazon. I didn't know I was suppose to check the expiration date on it. Never really thought about it actually. I don't use it much and after a yr and only printing a few pages, it is out. Comes to find out, when I purchased it, the ink was already 9 months past the expiration date. They sold me something that had already expired! I purchased it in Jan 2017, it had expired on March 2017!

I contacted them and they told me tough luck since it is past 30 days. This shouldn't matter since they sold essentially sold me a bad product.