Tidebuy.com / do not believe tidebuy's return policy

United States Review updated:

The dress I received is uwearable for reasons too many to list here, including colour, workmanship, size. They will not entertain my request to return the dress (at my expense) for a full refund.

For a couple of weeks, they responded to my emails by simply restating their return policy without addressing my concerns. In retrospect, think that this was a deliberate tactic (successful as it turned out) to run down the 45 day window for lodging a dispute with PayPal.

They eventually discounted the obvious problems with the dress in the pictures I provided as being due to the lighting. They offered me a US$15.00 refund and kindly suggested that I can keep the (unwearable) dress!

I have now noticed that there are no negative reviews on their website. I posted one, along with pictures, but it never appeared. The 'reviews' are all customer questions, not customer feedback. I'm sorry that I did not notice this before I ordered.

I'm happy for those of you who have received satisfactory products from Tidebuy, but be aware that if you are dissatisfied, you seem to have a 0% chance of being fully refunded.

I strongly suggest that you do not deal with this company.Good luck to you if you choose to ignore this advice!

Bo

Comments

• St
      Nov 08, 2011

that sounds very uncomfortable ! but I really have a good shopping experience from this shop. maybe you should call them contact with them directly .

• Ti

Dear Customer:

On behalf of tidebuy.com, I would like to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.
    I would like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.
    Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.
    Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://help.tidebuy.com/LeavingMessage.html
    Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.
    Regards,
    Tidebuy.com

• Ti

Dear Customer,
    We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please post your full order number so that we can investigate your case further and offer solutions.

Regards,
    www.tidebuy.com

• Fr
      Dec 28, 2011

Francesca Vilogrón to tidebuy, Carlos
    show details 1:26 PM (0 minutes ago)

Sirs, I wrote this email 11 days ago and I do not have any reply from you. I look forward to hear from you as soon as possible, it is urgent to solve this problem in the following days.

Francesca Vilogrón
    - Hide quoted text -

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Francesca Vilogrón Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if you understand my complaint, what i want to do is return the merchandise that you send me, because the dresses are not even similar to the dresses you shown in your page, and of course the dresses i expected to receive. I'm totally dissatisfied with your products, it seems a case of false advertisting. My rights as a consumer are very clear in that aspect, and if Im not satify or feel that it is a fraud, I can get the total refund of my money as soon as i request it, as I´m doing now.

So please, i dont think its necessary to send you the pictures of the merchandise you sent me, You as a Costumer service department know prefectly the products you comercialize, (its thats simple as to take a look in the products you sell in your web and the merchandise you manufacture), it is not a problem of sizes or color as you mencioned in your e-mail, the problem, I repeat, is that I bought a product thinking that it will be the same as the picture you shown in your web, and what i get are dresses of third rate or less.

I understand this is not the first time you receive this kind of claims, In order to finish with tedious affair, I demand from your company give me back the money I paid, I consider it is very fair considering, besides all of I ve just mentioned, the fact that I had to buy other dresses for my wedding, So for me it was a double spend of money (not considering the shipping!), money that now I have to pay to my credit card.

I am completely sure your company, as same as me, wants to solve this problem inmediately and on the best terms. In that case, please let me know asap the way you are going to send me back my money and the adress where I have to send your merchandise.

Best regards,

Francesca Vilogrón Chiock

• Tu
      Mar 07, 2012

It is scam company. Do not buy anything from them...

• Na
      May 08, 2012

Nightmare! Avoid this site!

• Pr
      May 17, 2012

nth to say ~.

May 20, 2012

tidebuy...biggest con ever. do not order from them. tried to return my neices dress and they dont even have an address on their website the clever sods. if you want a refund you need to go to your bank if you paid by debit/credit card or ring paypal if you paid wth them. no point communicating with tidebuy as nobody there can speak proper english and refuse to give refund even though you supply pics etc. waste of time!!!

• Ni
      Jun 20, 2012

Hi my name is Nicole and i have the same issue with my dress. The color is not what i order and and it does not even fit. I email them so many tI'me and they send me the same thing and now they wont even right me back. I'm trying to take them to court but i cant fine a address. The dress was 83 dollars and I'm so piss that i cant get my money back. I hope by doing this there company will go down hill cause they are cons.

• Je
      Jul 23, 2012

Did anyone have any luck getting the refund back from Paypal or Credit card company?
    I recently ordered a dress from Tidebuy too and having difficulties getting refund even though I submitted several pics. Clearly the colour is wrong but they are refusing to refund and ask me to keep the wrong dress. I am mortified that the business is still operating.

Nov 27, 2012

Hi everyone

I had the same problem!! I bought a dress for 180 $. when i received it I saw that the colour was not the same, the dress was 50 cm longere and it did not even look as the picture!

I call them, and I wrote to them by email. They wanted me to send a picture.
    I send a picture.
    They did not reply
    I called them. and the lady on the phone said the picture was to dark, even if she could see that the lenght of the dress was too long!
    she wanted me to take a picture in the natur light!
    I did that.
    And they dont want to answer me!
    I just want my money back!! it is like steeling !!!

• Fo
      Jan 14, 2013

My order didn't arrive.. I m waiting from November 2012. Never more!

•   Jan 14, 2013

Quoth the raven.

• Re
      Sep 07, 2015

I sent the company $13.10, to expidiate my order. They are telling me that the manufacturer is sending them the items. Are they dropshipping to themselves? I will not simply order anything else from that company.