Thrifty Car Rental (Ripoff) / charged for car I didn't rent. sister charged for extra days.
Stranded trying to catch plane from Atlanta to Dallas. Plane grounded due to weather. Flew to Houston to rent car to drive to Dallas from the Houston Hobby Airport in Houston. The people at the desk said if we did not book online they would not see us at the desk. I booked but my sister paid at the desk. I told the attendant to to not charge my card but my sisters because she decided to pay. They said they would. When I got home we were both charged. Not only that, they charged her extra and said she brought the car back to Houston. We drove one way. They also charged her for extra days. We have both gotten the run around. They told us Car Hire handles their disputes. We had the same run-around with them. This is a total scam. They also told her to return the car at a certain time in Dallas but when she went to drop it off they were closed. A total rip-off.
More Thrifty Car Rental (Ripoff) Complaints & Reviews
- Thrifty Car Rental - $25 admin fee for 0.25 toll charge 
- Thrifty Car Rental - unethical business practices 
- Thrifty Car Rental Romania - overcharged the cancellation fee 
- Thrifty Car Rental - rip off 
- Thrifty Car Rental - drop off charges 
- Thrifty Rent A Car - reservation
- Thrifty Rent A Car - refund 15/08/18 not received
- Thrifty Rent A Car - cleaning fee - rental agreement - 168636156
- Thrifty Rent A Car - unethical behavior
- Thrifty Rent A Car - extraordinary toll/fine